PDA

View Full Version : Just back from my onc's

IRENE FROM TAMPA
09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Just to update everyone.

Just as we suspected, I have progression and have developed a new tumor in the same general area as the other. So I started off in this Tykerb/Xeloda trial with two tumors in the lymph. system and in the year, one shrank and now the one left behind is a little smaller then when I began and has held stable and now a newer one has popped up.

It a bummer, but that's ok - we have another plan so tomorrow I will begin on Tykerb with Avastin. We are going to try this combo and see how I respond and to be sure I don't get a bad reaction to the Avastin. If it shows promise, I will stay on the combo and if not we will add a chemo to it, probably Taxotere.

I got a full year out of Tykerb/Xeloda and I think that was very good. Am sorry it did not last longer but that is the longest I have gone in a long time,

My onc has a new trial which he just started. Its a Herceptin base with a chemo combined right into it. He was very hopeful to put me on it but since I had a stem cell transplant, I was disqualified. I hope it proves to work and is approved quickly. He seems very excited about it. So there are more coming ladies.

WE are the pioneers for all of these new treatments coming out ladies and WE will lead the way for a much more treatable new world. This is only the beginning.

For those of you on Tykerb/Xeloda or other trials with Tykerb, just remember it is a great new drug which I think has much promise. So do not get discouraged by my news. I did great for a whole year and that I feel was wonderful.

I will find the right combo again......

Everyone take care.