PDA

View Full Version : Good News To Share

Mary Jo
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I have good news to share. I told you all that last week I went in to see my GYN. about abdominal issues I was having. I had an internal exam by the doctor, a vaginal ultrasound (which looked great) and he also had blood taken so he could check my hormone leves and CA125 number. I've never had a CA125 number taken (I don't think) but was kind of anxious about it as it could have told me other things about my body as well. Like did my breast cancer go anywhere else. I guess we really never know BUT the good news to share is that my CA125 was 4. That made me very happy as it did my doc. He did tell me he didn't have all the hormone levels back yet but did have the CA125 and KNEW I'd want to know that. So...........................thank God for a kind, considerate doctor.

Mary Jo

Jeanette
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
That is really great news. I go for my 6 month mammo tomorrow, not too worried about it. Then on Saturday I leave for my Eastern carribean cruise, so whatever the results are I can wait to hear them. A week on the ocean is so relaxing. Hugs and blessings to you all, Jeanette

lexigirl
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
WHew! That is very reassuring news! I love compassionate docs! I am happy that your tummy issues aren't cancer related

Hugs,
Lexi

Jean
09-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Mary Jo
Happy that you shared your JOY....

Best Wishes,
Jean

IRENE FROM TAMPA
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
that your test results were so good Marejo.

Keep up the good work and take care

Liz J.
09-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Marejo,

Thank God for the good news and Thank God for you.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Faith in Him
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Wonderful news, Mary Jo. God is good.

sassy
09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Marejo,

So glad your onc let you know as soon as he could. Its wonderful to have people understand the anxiety and try to get the good news to us fast.

Congrats!
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER TEMPERATURE SETTING (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

Becky
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Great news Mary Jo - nice low number, just like we love them.

caya
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Mary Jo -
Fantastic news - thanks for updating us!! I also recently got a 4 on my CA 125 test - this was after getting a 56 when first diagnosed with the BC last fall.
Apparently the CA 125 can be elevated when there is cancer in your body, not just ovarian. Ovarian cysts can also cause an elevated CA 125. So after my mastectomy, and during chemo, my gyn. onc. redid the CA 125 - when her nurse called to give me the good news that it was down to a 4, well, you can imagine the relief.

all the best
caya

Vanessa
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
So glad to hear good news!

Sheila
09-06-2007, 06:44 PM
MaryJO
Celebrate...that is great news.....a low number...perfect, just like you.
It could be the reason to get another tattoo you know! May great news follow you all the days of your life....you are so uplifting to us all!

Mary Jo
09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Hahahahaha Sheila..........Ya know, I thought of that too.....getting another tattoo on my other foot but I told myself if I make it to 5 years NED then I will get something on the other foot. Not sure what, yet but that will come to me by that time. BUT, I'm NOT wishing my life away and try to take it one day at a time. Only God knows. So, best to leave it with the "GUY" who knows what's best for me......(although I like to think I know what's best but He's constantly reminding me HE'S in charge.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif)

Thank you everyone for rejoicing with me. I appreciate that.

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
09-07-2007, 03:23 AM
Absolutely toooooo cool, Mary Jo!

PinkGirl
09-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi Marejo

Congrats on your great test results. What a nice doc that was to let you know right away!http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo
09-07-2007, 08:40 AM
This "doc" who called me is not my oncologist but my GYN. He really is the most caring doctor I've ever had. Although, my oncologist is very kind too, this oncologist is new to me and I've only seen him once. He didn't "walk" with me through chemo and the like so not sure how he would have been through some of those fears although my gutt tells me very good as he SEEMS very very kind. I liked him a lot the first time I met him.

Mary Jo

kareneg
09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I am so glad that everything is looking good, It is so nice to have peace of mind. Have a wonderful weekend!

Leslie's sister
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
great news Mary Jo. I celebrate with you. Thanks agaiin for being a great support and friend to Leslie.

rentrac
09-08-2007, 03:52 AM
YAHOO! Celebebrate this weekend!

hutchibk
09-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Wunderbar!