PDA

View Full Version : herceptin.com--freebies

fauxgypsy
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I joined an information group ( I don't really know what it is called off the top of my head) at herceptin.com last week. I was really surprised when I got home today from P.T. and found a package from Genentech waiting for me. It was a nice little happy. There was a pink duffle type handbag sized carryall, a simple appointment calendar, and a small diary in the package as well as more info on herceptin. check it out. It has some good information, particularly for those just starting on herceptin and the bag is neat too.

Leslie

Barbara2
09-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I received a package from them in the mail today, too. It was unexpected and a nice little gift from them. The items Leslie mentioned would be helpful for people just starting on herceptin.

Blanche
09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anybody that is now on herceptin have very achy joints. this seems to be new to me , I was thinking maybe I'm feeling it more because it's accumultive. I have had about 8 treatments so far 4 with taxatere and the rest alone. I also just started tamoxfien. If anyone has any othese systems or other one let me know. Thnak you.

cafe1084
09-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes, the bags are really neat. My onc office had them and gave them away to their patients on herceptin. I threw my first aid kit, epi-pen and some other things in it and leave it in the car for emergencies because it's waterproof and my kids can't tear it up lol. As far as joint pain, Blanche, I had an accumulative effect from the taxol and herceptin. Around tx #6 I started to have joint pain and muscle spasms, plus some neuropathy in myfeet and hands. It still sometimes feels as though I am floating instead of walking, then I trip over my own feet. I developed arthritis in my knee almost overnight where I'd never had problems before. I guess it is just par for the course...a trade-off to be cancer-free....mine has progressively gotten better since finishing treatment, so that's something for you to look forward to ;)

Take care,
Steph C

Blanche
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Thank you Steph, I don't usually obsess or I should say I didn't use to now I pay close attention to every pain. I had clean scans in June, but sometimes I feel like well you never know. I'm 3a with 9 out of 15 nodes. This probably sounds silly but could you describe neuropathy? Thanks Blanche

Sheila
09-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I got mine in the mail yesterday too...what a nice surprise.....

cafe1084
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
peripheral neuropathy is numbness, tingling, and pricking sensations, sensitivity to touch, muscle weakness or burning pain. It's either a temporary or permanent damage to the nervous system. I have read that most, if not all of the neuropathy should be gone within a year of finishing treatment, but sometimes it never completely goes away. Mine was gradual over my last 6 weeks of chemo and is gradually getting better. You should question your pain and symptoms. It is always better to be cautious than to ignore a potential problem.

Take care,
Steph C.

BonnieR
09-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Blanche, what I am calling neuropathy is a sort of painful numbness (how those two things can co-exist, I dont know!) in my left hand and foot. I am more "aware" of them and feel the need to flex and rub my hand for relief. Maybe what arthritis feels like. (Perhaps it is arthritis being aggrivated)....A deep discomfort. My foot feels pins and needles on the sole and toes. Transient. It seems to be helped by the Glutamine mixture. Worse on days right after treatment (I am taking TCH) or when I get fatiqued.

Blanche
09-05-2007, 01:35 PM
thank you , and I will definately ask my onc. Blanche