PDA

View Full Version : Good news

Lala
09-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello
I just returned from Houston, my brain is still NED and all my scans showed improvement. I am so Happy!
The Tykerb seems to be still working and I am so Thankful. I just celebrated my 2nd anniversary living with mets. I am Greatful for my wonderful Husband and for the doctors that are helping me live a better life.
Hope lives! I continue to chase sunrises.

dhealey
09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Lala, That is such great news. I hope you have many more years of NED! I love your picture of the beach.

lilyecuadorian
09-03-2007, 07:20 AM
congratulations for stard this week with good news ....keep it up and for so long time ...thanks for share

Julie2
09-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Lala,

Congratulations for the good news. Wishing you many happy years ahead.

Julie

Mary Anne in TX
09-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh Lala, your picture brings me such peace! I too love the water and find it very helpful to just soak up the view for some of God's creation. So glad your scans were good! Here's to many, many more years of NED!

tousled1
09-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Lala,

Great news! Wishing you many more years of clear scans!

dorinda
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
that is awesome news to hear. i am happy for you. did you come to houston to go to MD ANDERSON.? i live in houston so next time your are planning to come to houston tell me and we could do lunch and i can give you a real hug. i am into my 9 month living with mets. so you are one of my inspirational sisters. dorinda

hutchibk
09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Wonderful news... keep up the good work!

Dorinda - I go to Houston a few times a year (I live in Austin) - I will be sure and shoot you a message next time. We can meet and have a smoothie somewhere!

Lala
09-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Dorinda
Thank you for the kind words. I often go to MDA, it's been a Blessing to me for sure. It would be great to meet some Cyber sisters there. Next time I head in that direction I will let you know.

How is your treatment going? I am cheering for you too! Hang in there sister!
Hugs to you,

LaurieS
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Lala,
Congratulations!! That is great news.

I am a Stage IV survivor, on weekly Herceptin for almost 5 years. What a drug! I have visited this site a few times, but have never posted anything and although I am very computer literate, I have never been involved in a blog or chat or anything like this. I am now trying to find out if there is anyone out there who has stopped Herceptin and what the outcome has been. My oncologist is recommending that I come off of it - mainly to avoid damage to my heart although my MUGAs have been OK with the exception of once about a year ago when it dropped just under 50. You seem to be one of the only crazy people like me up at this hour. Where do you recommend that I post my question?

Lala
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Laurie
Congratulations on 5 years!!!
Welcome to the midnite hour lol... Tykerb awakes me.. I suggest you post it on the main Her2 board area..More people look over there. By the way, a friend of mine has been on herceptin since the Herceptin trials and still ticking no problems with her heart. So you never know. Hang in there and wish you the very best my late night friend.

LaurieS
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Is she on this site? I'd like to talk to her and see what her doctors are recommending. Thanks for your help and God Bless and good night.

Lala
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Laurie
I sent you a private message.