PDA

View Full Version : Eternally Gateful

Faith in Him
08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
As some of you may realize from reading my posts, I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Today, however, I am overflowing with graditude.

Tomorrow I will celebrate my 38th birthday. 38! Seven months ago after hearing the words "you have cancer", then surgery and a bad path report, I was sure I was not going to be around much longer. There were some very dark days.

Then I found hope through others who were not only surviving but living full lives. I found this web site, more hope.

During this very short journey, I have seen my daughter turn 9. My son has graduated from kindergarten. I have seen the birth of a new baby to family members. I have loved and laughed and cried buckets of tears.

Tomorrow I will not check for gray hairs or wrinkles. I will not complain about getting older. I will rejoice! I will hold my children close, enjoy a wonderful day with my husband, tell my mom how wonderful she has been to me during my cancer and all of my life.

And I am eternally grateful to all the herceptin heroes who came before me, to all the tykerb tigers, and for all the women who were and still are in clinical trials. For all the women on this site. Thank you for hope. Thank you for days like tomorrow.

Mary Jo
08-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm happy for you faith and happy birthday tomorrow. May God give you many healthy more.

Mary Jo

DonnaD
08-30-2007, 10:09 AM
We celebrate together. One year ago today I had surgery. It has been a long journey. I am so thankful for this site, friends made here, knowledge gained and Herceptin which is available to me because of others selfless acts (helping others through trials). Thank you all!

Enjoy your 38 Birthday and Many Many More.
Donna

lexigirl
08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Faith,

I am so happy to read that you are feeling happy and upbeat.
Our lives were certainly turned upside down after hearing the words "you have cancer", but gosh, I'd have to say that after being diagnosed you sure don't sweat the small stuff. I wish you a happy happy birthday filled with lots of love and fun!

Donna,

Tomorrow is my two year anniversary of having my surgery too. It has gone by pretty quickly and I am hopeful that we will all celebrate many more anniversaries together!

Hugs,
Lexi

caya
08-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Faith,

Happy Birthday !! Every birthday, anniversary is a gift now. I will be 49 on Sept. 10th, plan to celebrate.
I also do not care if my hair is gray, if I have wrinkles. I WANT TO GET OLD!! I told my onc. it is his job to make me get old.

All the best for many many more happy healthy birthdays,
caya

Vanessa
08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Barbara2
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Have a wonderful birthday!

Leslie's sister
08-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Faith:

What a wonderful post. Herceptin has dramatically changed the prognosis for Her2Neu. You have every reason to believe that you will celebrate many, many more birthdays and graduations. Happy, Happy Birthday and may God's love continue to fill you up and give you peace.