PDA

View Full Version : Lab rat update - week 3

swanky
08-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Well Ladies -

I went in for a follow up after being on TBFW for 3 weeks. Now my onc seems to think the supraclavicle node is smaller...last week I thought it was a little smaller but he said it was the same. Anyways...the spot in the left breast area we still can't feel although before I began TBFW he thought he felt an area that was a little different. Now he can't even find that! So I have scans scheduled in 5 weeks to see everything from that angle. So all in all I take it as good news!

Hugs,
Leea

swanky
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Week 4 -

It's shrinking!!!!!!!

I have to go in every week until I reach the 8 week point, then it will be only every 2 weeks for a month and then only once a month. So far so good...shrink node, shrink! :-)

kareneg
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Awesome news!!!!!!!!!! Your in my thoughts and prayers my friend keep up the good work. SHRINK SHRINK SHRINK.............

lexigirl
08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Excellent news!! Take that you nasty cancer!!

HUgs,
Lexi

Joy
08-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Great news-keep up the good work. And while I know I will prefer the TBFW name of your treatment, I'm curious about what the treatment exactly is.

Sheila
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Swanky
Great news...so far so good....the nodes can truly be a pain in the butt...they just keep comin back for more...I have been fighting them for 4 years! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swanky
08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Joy - it's a research company (Kudos Pharmaceuticals) Phase II trial. A pill (well actually 8 pills) I take 2 times a day designed to repair teh BRCA 1 defect to my DNA. Someone was able to find info from the Phase I trial on another thread...maybe search all my posts (there aren't too many) and you can find the excerpt from the article. No side effects, maybe a little fatigue but I can't say for sure that TBFW is the cause...Anyway, so far so good :-)

SoCalGal
08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Leea,
I have a friend who is on the same protocol as you. She'd like to email you - is that okay? If so, what's your email? She is also being treated at Cedars. And she is young like you! Glad to read your good news. xo Flori
flori@adelphia.net

swanky
08-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Flori I would love to chat with her! I just sent her an email.

tousled1
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Swanky,

Sounds like this clincial trial is working for you. Congratulations.