PDA

View Full Version : brca gene test today questions

kerbearcure32
08-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Had my brca gene test today can anyone tell me a good link to go to on info about it and what it means if u r pos. or neg my onc. told me but i would like to read more about it. does anyone know about the her2nu vaccine. with info on that. onc. told me if i found info on it he would look into it for me. thanks for everyones help. kerry dx 31yrs stage 3 b dd chemo a/c plus taxol then rads then herceptin. going on 3yrs with ned.

Linda
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi Kerry:
To find info on BRCA testing google "Myriad Labs" in Salt Lake City. To my knowledge, they have the patent on BRCA tests, so all blood is sent to them. Their web site has lots of info. Also, you can make an appt with a genetics counselor (often this is done along with testing) to get info. Unfortunately, it takes weeks to get test results -- a long time.
There are various vaccines that women have tried on this site. I know mainly about the University of Washington trials in Seattle, Dr. Mary Disis. Look under the clinical trials link on this site, or "UW her2 vaccine" for more info.
Linda