PDA

View Full Version : One year on exactly..

fullofbeans
08-23-2007, 08:08 AM
I wanted to share with you my precious ladies (and Joe) this very special day to me. It is one year to the day since 6 tumours were found in my liver. I have had a scan recently and I am still a NED!!

As I am writing this I have tears in my eyes I feel very humble and grateful.

What a ride for sure, as you all know life has become very precious for us all and nothing is taken for granted anymore. In December I could hardly walk and now I go to gym at least 3 times a week and I have plenty of plans for the future and feel really strong, happy and very spiritually awaken. Thank you, thank you, thank you..

I wish to thank this site for being such a great source of inspiration and information. For example I asked my Onco to give me a Brain MRI which they say they will not do because they say that with Breast cancer there is no point because it cannot be treated and that I should wait for symptoms..I quoted Steph example who was still alive to tell the tale..

Belinda & Lani I have not forgotten about pushing for the potentially magic drug combination (Hercp/Tykerb, Gefitinib pertuzumab), I just needed some times off right now between the lovely travelling in the States and finding a new balance in life (back in UK full time 8Oct) and getting my broadband working!

Anyhow my vaccination is complete (blood work only this time) and I have my last trip next month and what a trip: I will go to San Diego for a week (not sure where yet) then Seattle then a mate is joining me and we will be visiting NYC and around..Thank you thank you thank you..
<SUP></SUP>

lilyecuadorian
08-23-2007, 08:19 AM
congratulations ...i hope so you be NED for sooooooooooo long like Kim, joy ,or steph or christine or many many other in our house .....and like you I' hav that coktail in my mind (mostly when I'm down and I want to give my self some hope ) I will thinking about that marvelous cocktail .I wish to know about what I can do to help ....with the protocol......trial so I'm not the only one thinking on that cocktail-hope ......

tousled1
08-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Congratulations - that's great news.

StephN
08-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, and you have done a LOT this past year to get to and stay holding hands with NED. Don't let him go!!

Hope to see you next trip and we will have a little toast to squashing those mets and all your hard work.

lexigirl
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
That is terrific news! I pray that you continue to do well and keep kicking cancer butt!

Hugs,
Lexi

tammymarie1971
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Congratulations!!!! I also have a milestone today, It was 3 yrs ago today that I had my liver resection and my liver has been NED ever since!!!!!
Glad to share this Aug 23 with you.
Also it was 19yrs ago today that I got my driver's licence!!
Tammy

Belinda
08-24-2007, 03:08 AM
F O B - I am so so pleased for you. Lets keep in contact on the lobbying front - I haven't forgotten our earlier conversations either. I have finished chemo and about to start rads next week - managing to keep working in the meantime. IT is so good to hear the liveliness in your 'voice' - it sounds like you have had a very important reflective but adventurous time!

Glad to hear you again - Bx

doh2pa
08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Congratulations! Love to hear that NED term and 1 year is fabulous. Go out and celebrate!!!!

Believe51
08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
It will be one year on 9/7 for my husband's journey, all time we were told he may not have. I can surely relate to the pleasure of saying that 'Today is one year' since I am already celebrating here in 'Lil Rhody. LOL. I wish you continued success through this journey and we shall be here the same time next year!! 'Ya hear me?? I saidddd....... we shall be here the same time next year!! (Big hugs!!). My husband has not met NED yet, but we shall meet sometime soon. I am demanding it!! He is fighting for it!!

Prayers will always be sent your way and again My Friend, CONGRATULATIONS!!>>Believe51

Julie2
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Congatulations. For many more years.

Julie

Sheila
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Here is to many many more years celebrating all life has to offer.....we all love great news!

dhealey
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Congradulations and wishing you many, many, many more years of this great life!!!!
Debbie

fullofbeans
08-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words I have a huge smile on my face and a warm heart right now

I am glad to be sharing this with others that really understand what it all means..

suzan w
09-02-2007, 06:21 PM
we are traveling in our RV and will not be back to Seattle till Thanksgiving, your NED news is great! Will see you some time later, alligator!!! XOX Suzan

Jean
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Happy for you and wising you continued NED......

How Great!
Warmly,
Jean

Faith in Him
09-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Wonderful! Wishing you many, many, many more years with NED

weezie1053
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Congratulations! We are all so happy for you. Only those of us who have walked in our HER@Neu Shoes knows how far we have travelled in our journeys. I too will celebrate my one-year anniversary on the 6th of September. Although my Onc kept telling me he was going for "the cure," and I want to believe in him, this website has taught me that we have to use all of our resources to become our own advocates for the best medical treatment available to us and to remain cautiously optimistic. We have come a long way...and I thank you all for your knowledge and continued support as we journey together.

Louise

kk1
09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi F.O.B.;

Such great news!!!! I've been thinking about you the last few weeks, it made my day to hear that all is well.

KK1

Lala
09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Congratulations To You!
Dance Sister Dance!

AlaskaAngel
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
FOB,

I'm so glad you took the time to consider your choices for treatment and went in the direction you worked out for yourself. I hope that as more time goes by you will be able to do more and more of the things you have always wanted to do.

AlaskaAngel

nitewind
09-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Congratulations, I am so happy for you, this is the kind of news we need to hear!
I have to say that I am very envious of Suzan, it's always been my dream to have an RV and travel around, hope you have a great time. And, Lala.....my goodness your picture is just awesome!
Hugs

Marlys
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
This is so wonderful, super, sooper dooper, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. It is stories like this that make this disease hold so much less fear for me than it could without your sharing. Thank you.
Love & hugs,
Marlys