PDA

View Full Version : problems but not all is bad news

rinaina
08-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi all. So sorry I haven't posted in a long time but the shingles had the best of me and my sciatica. It appears that my shingles decided to settle in my sciatica and it has been a real pain, literally! Prior to getting shingles, I was also dealing with a constant itching in my arms that was driving me crazy and the scratching that I would do was mutilating the skin on the lower arms. This has been going on for almost 5 weeks now and nothing any of the doctors, (dermatologist, allergist, etc), has given me has helped much. The consensus is that it is a nerve in my neck that is causing this. Some of you may remember from previous posts, that I had a 4 level cervical disectomy and fusion in November 2002. I have no pain in my neck, however the thought is that I have a pinched nerve in my neck that is causing the chronic itching. This happened about a year ago and the only thing that finally helped was going on prednisone. I have been stubborn about going on it again only because I have been on that drug so many times in my life due to my Sjogren's Syndrome, an autoimmune disease, but last night I gave in because my arms look like a battle ground. I figured, before I end up with an infection there, I better just give in and take the darn drug. Now onto the good news. Tomorrow is a big, no, huge day for me. I am having my port taken out and this makes me so happy. It is confirmation that I am indeed all done with cancer treatment and hopefully it will stay that way forever. It has been an interesting 1 1/2 years, one in which I will never forget. Now onto bigger and better and happier things. My daughter got engaged over memorial day weekend and I have a wedding to plan for July 5, 2008! What a difference a year makes. I look so forward to this exciting and fun year. So see my friends, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I can now shout it from the rooftops......I am a survivor!

Grace
08-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Dear Rinaina,

Congratulations! That's great news about getting your port out. I hope the prednisone helps the itch and the shingles are a thing of the past. It's great to know you can move on. And good new on your daughter as well.

tousled1
08-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Rinaina,

Congratulatins on finishing your treatment! Now you should go do something special for yourself. You certainly will be busy in the months to come planning your daughter's wedding.

caya
08-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Rinaina,

Great news about getting your port out - really gives me hope that mine will be out at sometime as well. It truly signifies the end of cancer treatment.
Sorry about the shingles and the constant itching, but hopefully these problems will soon be alleviated.
Mazel Tov on your daughter's upcoming wedding next July - that is certainly exciting happy news.

All the best
Caya

sassy
08-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Rinaina,

Congrats! Hope your shingles and itching resolve so that you can fully enjoy the wonderful events coming up. ENJOY!
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Believe51
08-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I am shouting too but from the ground, I was told last week to stay away from stairs and anything high!! LOL. I shall celebrate is the sweet sector of success for you. Thanks for sharing this upbeat news, I needed that today.

You Go Girl!!>>Believe51

Jean
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Rinaina,
Funny, I was just wondering about you the other night. Glad you posted
and I am happy that your feeling better. Sorry that you have been going
through so much....now onto better days...so nice to hear about your
daughter....you will be a very busy lady. Enjoy it all -

Kind Regards,
Jean

rinaina
08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you everyone for replying to my post and for sharing with me my end of treatment. Thank you also for all your congratulations in honor of my daughter's engagement. It is so nice to be where I am now and know that treatment is a thing of the past.....and I sure hope it remains that way. Caya, your turn will definitely come in time and then we can celebrate with you. Believe51, good luck to you with everything and please stay well grounded if you know what I mean!!!!! Lol! Jean, thanks for thinking of me and all your good wishes. Sassy, Tousled and Grace, thanks for taking the time out to reply and I appreciate your good wishes. Hope this reply finds all of you doing as well as can be.

StephN
08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Dear Rinaina -
Not happy to hear about the shingles, but glad you are getting some relief finally. You have run the course of adjuvent and done the best for yourself to fight as we must. Now you can take pleasure in the wedding plans and other parts of your life that have been "waiting on the shelf" for the past year and 1/2.

You have shown that you are one strong lady and I send best wishes that life will be good to you from here on.