PDA

View Full Version : prayers please...

sassy
08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I have been experience some shortness of breath lately, so called for an appointment with my onc whom I saw on Monday. He decided to schedule CT, bone scan and muga.

Well..I had CT and bone scan today--don't have any indication on CT yet, but I watched my bone scan and there was an area on left ribs that lit up. I have watched my two previous bone scans, and this was definately something different from before. Onc should be calling me in the morning.

Outside of an injury (ie break) whatelse could lite up besides mets? This is in the area where I had the infamous staph infection, but I seriously doubt that previous infection or scar tissue would show up on a bone scan.

Appreciate any info you can share---and certainly appreciate your prayers.
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

tousled1
08-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Sassy,

It could possibly be some scar tissue. Try not to think the worst -- wait until you hear from your doctor. I found that when something bad showed up I got a call the same day as the scan. I'm praying that nothing shows up on any of your tests.

Sheila
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Sassy
Try not to worry...I know, easier said than done. I also had a Left Mastectomy and 3 years later, my bone scan lit up like the 4th of July on the left side....in the ribcage....it was suspicious of bone mets, but after a rib xray, and evaluation, it was deemed to be a fx rib..that I got sneezing. Scar tissue or any inflammation...even arthritis will show as a hot spot on some bone scans....hopefully you will get good news tomorrow. You are in my prayers

chrisy
08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Prayers, certainly.

I agree, try not to worry, the bone scan could be bruised rib or other stuff completely unrelated to cancer. I hope this is the case.

Hang in there, sister.

kareneg
08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
You have my prayers my friend. Please let us know how you make out.

Liz J.
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi Sassy,

Saying a prayer and I am sure you will be fine. Try to get some rest tonight. I know easier said than done and please keep us posted.

All the best.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Debra
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Sassy -

I work in Radiology---not nuclear medicine but have been around it quite a bit. Infections (even from some time ago) certainly can result in "uptake" on a bone scan. I have seen it many times. It also could have been a kidney you may have seen behind the rib cage which has normal uptake. (forgive me if that sounds elementary because you probably know about bone scans) but I have heard patients (and friends) concerned about seeing the black uptake in areas where it is normal. Areas of old heeled fractures can also show uptake.
However, I certainly know your anxiety. I know I would be as well. Think positive-----it is an area of your old infection! Keep repeating that.
Certainly let us all know when you do.

lexigirl
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
You have my prayers Sassy.

Hugs,
Lexi

Becky
08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
An old infection can certainly light up your scan. SECONDLY, Staph infections can really linger - longer than you think. They can be hard to get rid of and you don't even know they're still there.

I wouldn't worry about this. Also - this is a shortness of breath time of year. The air has been thick, its been a rainy summer with tons and tons of pollen (because of so much rain and not as dry lots of weed flowers and ragweed - we are suffering here)!

Do you feel sick or "sinusy"? Are you really short of breath or does it just feel like a brick is on your neck or upper chest? Can you still do all the activities you do or are you too winded?

I am betting all my money on something else (allergies, asthma - yes, these things can happen for the first time at our age) but not mets.

Let us know.

sassy
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone for all your support, and thanks for the push Kate. Still praying for "nothing".

Jeremiah 29:11-13
________
Park Royal 2 Condo Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

tousled1
08-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Sassy,

And "nothing" it will be. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

sassy
08-23-2007, 04:48 AM
My oncs office just called and Sheila had it right! Two areas on ribs showed as previous fractures! Don't have any idea when that happened. Whole body CT also showed no evidence of mets!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I will continue to hold us all up in prayer as we travel this journey.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARIES (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Becky
08-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Great news Sassy! Especially great cuz I put ALL my money on no mets and with 2 of 3 kids in college this year, I can't afford to lose a dime.

Congrats

MJo
08-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Oh yes! The infamous previous rib fracture lights. I had a CT of my rib area too and lit up in a number of places. Boy was I petrified. Scans are a situation where infections, arthritis and fractures are wonderful news. Go figure. Celebrate. I am so glad for you. EnJOY

RhondaH
08-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I TOO love early risers ESPECIALLY those with good news:) Have an AWESOME day:) Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

nitewind
08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Sassy, so glad to hear the great news, what a relief, huh? Keeping you and everyone else here in my prayers.
Hugs

lexigirl
08-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Sassy,

I have tears of joy in my eyes. I am so happy and relieved for you. I am looking forward to more good news from all our brothers and sisters in our group!

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Kimberly Lewis
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Good going Sassy - glad to hear it was all clear. So was my last scan and I was just preparing for the worst here at the 2year mark! whew.... God is good.

Mary Jo
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
YIPPEE for great news.

Mary Jo

kareneg
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
What wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relax and enjoy....

VaMoonRise
08-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Sassy,

I had just read the first part of your post and was about to reassure you like the other ladies have and then I saw your results and I am so happy. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

I will keep you and everyone here in my prayers as I always do.

Hope you are having a wonderful day, you should go out and celebrate!

Love, Hugs & God Bless,
Nicola

Sheila
08-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Sassy
I am so happy for you...not that you had rib fx, but that it was JUST rib FX....I think mine occurred when I sneezed....yet my dexa scan was perfect for bone density...
Anyway, glad this is behind you....and I won't send a bill!

tousled1
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Sassy,

That wonderful news -- best new I heard all day. See, it works when you pray for "nothing."

caya
08-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Sassy -
Fantastic news!! Yup - fractures, arthritis etc. are good news here. Hoping you can rest easier now.

All the best,
caya

StillHere
08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Wonderful news! (Big sigh of relief)

Debra
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Great news Sassy! Now try and relax! You have been thoroughly looded over again and nothing is going on so some sanity is in order and well deserved!

sassy
08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Glad your fortune is intact Becky!

This experience has once again reminded me to celebrate the important things in life--my family and friends (all of you included!), my relationship to God---and keep work and worry in perspective. That mountain of work on my desk didn't look nearly as important today as it did yesterday!

Thank you all again for your prayers and your celebration of life.
________
Volcano vaporizer (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

Jean
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Sassy,
I am so happy for you! Yahoo....that is the news we want to hear.

Hugs,
jean

Vanessa
08-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I realize I am a little late on this one, but I am ecstatic to hear your good news!

kcherub
08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Sassy,

I got so scared for you, and then--AWESOME GOOD NEWS! I can't imagine how worried you were, and am so glad that they called soon!

Hope you enjoyed your day after this great news...

hutchibk
08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Yippee! How wild is it to be happy that a friend has two fractured ribs? In our world, that is wonderful news! LOL