PDA

View Full Version : Hand hurts alot from Navelbine Infusion

Julie2
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I had Navelbine infusion in my vein on friday as I didn't have port. The hand and whole arm really hurts alot. First two days it was swollen now the swelling is gone but it hurts so much, Mortin doesn't seem to help it at all. It hurts like stinging the whole arm, not at one place. I am going to put the port for the next infusion but I don't know how to control the pain and my doctor suggests to keep using Mortin.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. It is very difficult to fall asleep.

Thanks,
Julie

Sheila
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Julie
I am SHOCKED that they would give Navelbine in a vein....my oncologist will absolutely NOT give it unless you have a port...she said it is one of the most caustic of the chemos if it infiltrates (goes out of the vein into the tissues.) I would be making a call ASAP to your oncologist!

Grace
08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Julie,

I was thinking of you and wondering if you've gotten any relief on your arm. Not to worry you, but you should get some immediate attention if the pain is till there. I know from just a small bit of contrast from MRI leaking outside my vein that I had a few days of discomfort, and that was a relatively mild chemical.