PDA

View Full Version : Grace, How is the swollen foot???

Sheila
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Grace
You have been on my mind, just wondering how the foot was doing...still swollen, and also the shortness of breath...I am worried about you, please let us know you are oK.

Grace
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi Sheila,

Feet are still swollen, but they've evened out, so that right and left are now about the same size, which is what I've had for the last ten months. Still short of breath, which is a bit worse than previously, but I've decided it's herceptin-related, but not heart related as my last echo was June 29, and LVEF was 60%. Also had a stress test and did quite well.

I had this problem breathing early on and went to a pulmonologist to check for radiation fibrosis. There was no evidence of fibrosis, although my function tests were not good. I should, probably, see a doctor but this all started just as I got good news on thyroid, bone density, mammogram, tumor markers, and had my last herceptin. I don't think I'm up to another test for a while, and also we're moving on Sunday to Maine.

I'm watching it and if it gets worse I will see my doctor but I certainly appreciate all the concern I've gotten from so many of the women on the board. I've been packing so haven't been checking posts for a few days.