PDA

View Full Version : Navelbine/Herceptin

katsc49
08-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi, everyone,
I have been on a taxotere break for a month, but now will start on navelbine along with the herceptin.
My question is what are the possible side effects based on experience.
I will be having another muga this week to check my heart and all labs have been good!
thank you,
kathy

Sheila
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Kathy
I have a friend on Navelbine and Herceptin and she is tolerating it very well, she has had no hair loss, feels good and her counts have been consistently good, she is on it weekly for 3 weeks, then off a week, and Herceptin every 3 weeks. Hope it is good to you...it seems to work wonders for many, but you do need a port to get it as it is very caustic to the tissues if it gets outside the vein.

Kavy
08-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi, Kathy,
I have been on Nalvabine/herceptin for 1 year and 3 months for liver and lung mets, and it is very doable. My hair fell off when I was on Taxotere/Herceptin, now it grew back. I do not take any premedication, and I do not have nausea either. I feel tired sometimes, and I have neuropathy, but my doctor says that it is from Taxotere, not from Nalvabine. I take Nalvabine 2 weeks on, 1 week off, and Herceptin every 3 weeks.
I agree with Sheila that you need a port to receive Nalvabine. I have a port since I was diagnosed in April 2005.
KarlaV.

tousled1
08-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Here's an article you may be interested in reading about Navelbine/Herceptin -- good results

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29614

katsc49
08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi, Everyone,
Thankyou so much!!
I do have a port and my labs have been good, so I am gonna try this again!
Thanks for your time,
hugs,
kathy