PDA

View Full Version : started Navelbine + Herceptin today

Julie2
08-17-2007, 06:58 PM
As you know I was diagnosed with recurrence this week for multiple mediastenal lymph nodes. Brain MRI is normal and yet to do bone scan next week. I started Navelbine and Herceptin today. I am having fever after the infusion. Is this normal? Also please everybody, get your Her2serum test done, it is very accurate in finding out my recurrence.

Julie

Lani
08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
so glad the serum her2neu test was able to detect your recurrence early.

Which lab do you use to follow it? (LabCorp vs Quest vs???)

tousled1
08-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Julie,

I have my HER2 serum test done every 12 weeks and thanks to it we caught my mets while they are very small. My tumor markers were never reliable (15.3 at diagnosis and still at 15.3) so we are relying on the HER2 serum marker.

jojo
08-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi Julie,

I had not been aware of your situation until just yesterday. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but you have proven to us her2 group that you are a strong woman!

Naveline is really easy, due to short infusions.

Would you tell me what 'mediasete' <sp?> node means? where do they usually situate in a body?

Please keep us posted.

Sending a cyberhug to you ~ JO.

Julie2
08-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Lani, I goto Labcorp for Her2serum test. I used to goto Quest before but my insurance(United Health) doesn't have contract with Quest anymore.

Jojo, Mediastenal lymphnodes are in between both breasts in the chest area.

Thanks,
Julie

pattyz
08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Julie,

I had Navelbine/Herceptin for my mediastinal nodal mets, (confirmed by surgical biopsy). "Spot" on pelvis and lung.

I don't remember a fever. But, I had the short sharp trunk area pains for several days after the first two infusions, including a 30 minute jaw ache that was just about 10 mins with the second infusion.

Subsequently, the fatigue was the issue. And a UTI did not respond to tx an went to my kidney...which sent me to ER.

I also had an undiagnosed severe pain in my upper arm which lasted for several weeks. No test was able to show a problem.

My scans showed NED after just four rounds and I chose to stop both the N and the H. That was at the end of '02, maybe into Jan of '03. My body has remained NED. Just brain mets issues since then.

My first dx in Jan. 2000 was Stage IIIb, two invasive tumors, Inflammatory and 6+ nodes of 26. ER+ PR- Her2+++ (at mets dx.)

Hope that is somewhat helpful to you,
best wishes to you on this tx, too,
pattyz