PDA

View Full Version : Moms Muga results

DonnaNY
08-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi all, My moms muga score fell slightly, so the Onc. wants to take her off of the Herceptin for a month.She is very nervous, but I am trying to calm her fears. I told her it happened to others, and all will be OK. She asked about taking Q10, and the Onc said it was Ok, in fact he takes it himself. But my mom dosent know if she should take it everyday or what? Anyone else take Q10? And is it a pill you can crush,because my mom cant swallow pills, so she crushes them. Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts, we really apppreciate them. God Bless !!

With love, Donna

Esther
08-16-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't know if you can crush the pills, but the original Italian study on COq10 was done with BC patients taking 400 mg daily, first thing in the morning

tousled1
08-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Donna,

The COQ10 that I take are softgel tabs as opposed to tablets and are samll in size. You may want to look for those as opposed to tablets. Hope your mom's MUGA goes back up so she can continue with the Herceptin. There have been women on this site who have been taken off Herceptin because of low LVEFs and have then been able to go back on.