PDA

View Full Version : Having a difficult time...

Chelee
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM
As some of you *might* know...my Mother was DX not to long after my bc DX with advanced lung cancer. Stage IV. She was a trooper and had several different drugs used to fight her cancer. I was so proud of her on how hard she fought this. She was 77 years old and she amazed me. But we just had to place her in hospice two days ago...she wasn't doing well. I went down there late last night and spent time with her. I'm so thankful I did because I just got a call today that my Mother has passed away.

The un-believable grief I feel right now is unbearable. My Mother was everything to me...we were so close. Not just my Mother but my best friend. I can't imagine life without her. Did I mentioned how much I hate this darned disease! How I pray for a cure. I'm having a hard time typing through the tears. Just sharing with people I feel safe with.

Feeling lost & so alone.

Chelee

Julie2
08-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the new Cheele. I know how difficult it would be to loose the mother.

Julie

chrisy
08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Dear Chelee,
I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. It is so difficult to lose a parent. I lost my mom over 10 years ago and it still hurts. It's such a blessing, tho, that you were able to spend time with her. I guess I know now where you get your fighting spirit! She must have been very proud of you.

I know this is a very sad time for you and I hope you can feel my prayers and love wrapping around you right now. And especially, know that you have your special angel watching over you now.

Much, much love
chris

hutchibk
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
May the lord hold you and comfort you, Chelee. Just know that he now cares for your mother and she has no more disease or pain. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

RhondaH
08-16-2007, 05:47 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you. BIGGGG huggs to you.

Rhonda

Christine
08-16-2007, 05:55 PM
My Mom passed away from metastatic bc in October 1989, eight months later I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Mom and I were more like sisters. My dad had died from a heart attack when I was 14 and we both used each other for support through the hard times. She saw me through college and graduate school.

In all likelyhood my Mom was also HER2 positive, but back in 1989 there was nothing available.

Hugs
Christine

mslinda
08-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear the news about your Mom. My heart goes out to you. I will be praying that God gives you peace and strength.

Love and Hugs,
Linda
S. Mississippi

Barbara H.
08-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Dear Chelee,
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. You have been through so much with the difficulties of receiving adequate medical care. I didn't realize that your mother was so ill.
Thinking of you,
Barbara H.

Mary Anne in TX
08-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh Chelee, I'm so sorry that you have lost your mom. She's in God's hands now, breathing well and safe. But nothing hurts like losing your mom. Just know that we all care and send comfort and love to you at such a difficult time. ma

BonnieR
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I know you feel lost but you are never alone.......

eric
08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Chelee,

My thoughts are with you. My wife Caryn is also fighting stage 4 bc while her mom is battling stage 4 lung cancer. Your not alone and their are so many wonderful people here that will do whatever we can to help you through this.

Eric

Becky
08-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Dear Chelee

I am so sorry about the loss of your dear mother. My thoughts are with you and my arms are around you.

Love to you

Margerie
08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Chelee,

So sorry to hear about losing your mom. She was blessed in life, having such a special relationship with her daughter. She will be with you in your heart.

Grace
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Chelee,

So very sorry about your mother. Your biggest comfort will be knowing you did everything you could for her. My thoughts are with you.

Faith in Him
08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
So sorry for your loss. She is safe now.

God Bless

Yorkiegirl
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Chelee my thoughts and prayers go out to you on the loss of your Mom.
I know how difficult this is. I lost my Mom 14 yrs ago,to cancer as well. She was only 58 years old.
Just know that she is no longer in pain and she will always be looking after you.

Sending you lot's of cyber (((((((((HUG'S)))))))))

Emelie
08-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Please know that she will always be with you in all that you do. She can rest now, as so should you.
Take care of yourself and grieve until you are done.
Peace be with you,
Emelie

SusanC
08-16-2007, 08:33 PM
How blessed you and your Mom were to have such a special relationship. She will live on in your heart. I too, lost my Mom to lung cancer 13 years ago. Hopefully your memories will comfort you and ease your pain.
Susan C.

lexigirl
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Dear Chelee,

Please accept my deepest sympathy. I am sorry that your mom has passed away. Please know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Vanessa
08-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. She was fortunate to have a daughter like you, as you were fortunate to have a mother like her. Although you will always grieve for her, time will lessen the pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Dear Chelee,
I am so very sorry to read your post. I understand your loss, my mother
passed 7 yrs ago and my heart still aches. I miss her so very much. She
is with me in spirit and forever remains in my heart.

Please know I am here for you and I send you prayers and hugs.

Jean

Leslie's sister
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
These wonderful ladies have sad it all. Just know that I am sorry as well Chelee. May our wonderful God, lift you up into His comforting arms and carry you in this time of grief.

tousled1
08-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Chelee,

My deepest sympathy to you in your mother's passing. I know how difficult it is to lose a parent but remember she is no longer in pain and suffering. She is now at peace and is looking over you. You will always have her memory and be thankful that you got to say goodbye. Remember all the good times you shared together. Sending you a big cyber hug!

charlotte
08-17-2007, 06:28 AM
chelee: you are not alone or lost we are here for you.... I feel your grief through your posting... I pray you will find peace and comfort...hugs and prayers being sent to you... charlotte

charlotte
08-17-2007, 06:32 AM
chelee: you are not alone... we are here for you....sending you a cyber hug....charlotte

mke
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
I am so sorry. Especially as this comes on top of all else you have endured.

Vi Schorpp
08-17-2007, 07:51 AM
for the loss of your mother. I have not lost my mother yet, but I did lose my husband last year. My daughter's birthday was Wednesday (she turned 28) and she was just out of sorts. I knew she was missing her dad as we were talking about previous birthdays. That night, she had a dream about him. I won't go into all the details, but to sum it up, she ran to the hospital to visit him and he was lying on the floor in the room's bathroom. She rubbed his arm and his eyes opened and he said, "Erika, I'm so happy to see you." He then bounded into bed and she crawled up next to him to snuggle. She was upset that once she woke up he was gone, but I think it was birthday message just for her.

Gerri
08-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Dear Chelee,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The fact that you went to see her the night before her passing must give you such comfort. You have such wonderful memories to sustain you in your grief. Losing a parent is so hard, I have lost both of mine - my mom to bc when I was 12 yrs old - so I can relate to your grief.

You are in my prayers.

Sheila
08-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Chelee
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom....my Mom is a year older than yours, and she is also my spirit for this fight...you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will gain strength from your Mother's fighting spirit, to continue your own fight...she is now but a prayer away, watching over you. Sending you much healing love and a hug at this difficult time.

Believe51
08-17-2007, 09:48 AM
I as so sorry to hear about your Mother's passing, I am all choked up with tears and sorrow for you and the family. I know getting alone without someone we love, especially our parents must be the hardest thing one can go through. My parents are still married and here but my father has ailing health. I push away thoughts from time to time about what will I do without my husband?? I cannot phathom it!! I have lost people I love and grieved before but I feel so helpless hearing your voice.

We will always be here for you Chelee, I know we are not Mom but I am sure we can help you through this. I really wish I could give you a hug, for you as well as for me!! Do not be afraid to ask for help with this one Darling, ask your doctor for help, ask your family, ask us; if you need help just ask for whatever you need to help you cope with this matter. Looks like your plate is full from here.

We love you and I shall continue sending prayers for your family and yourself. Keeping you close to heart to see you through.>>Believe51

lu ann
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. My own mother lost her 13 year battle with cancer 25 years ago. It's never easy. Love, Lu Ann.

Marlys
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Dear Chelee,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I want you to cherish your memories of her and know that she will always be with you in spirit. My mother died nearly 60 years ago when I was 9. Sometime I feel sorry for myself because I can't remember her very well and that I did not get to know her as a person and not just as "mother". I would give anything for that experience which you were so lucky to have.
Love and hugs,
Marlys

Brenda_D
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Chelee, I lost my Mom last Sept., after a 9 month ordeal. Not from cancer, but from several difficult things going on all at once, that culminated in her passing.
Two months after her passing, I found a lump in my breast, and found out I had StageIV IDC.

Sometimes, it seems that life gives you more than you can stand, but with family, friends, and prayer, we pull through.

I had to look at it this way. My Mom could never have stood to see one of her kids pass before she did. Sometimes I think that it's better that she passed on before I found out I had BC, and before my nephew (her grandson) was found dead at the age of 37. She could not have taken those 2 blows.

VaMoonRise
08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Dear Chelee,

My heart breaks along with yours with hearing this very sad news of your Mother's passing. I know how much pain you are in right in. I am sure that your insides are screaming and you think no one can hear you but yourself. Well, Sweetie I hear you.

I lost my Big Brother in 1986 to a drowning accident. He was my hero, my mentor, my protector, my best friend. I was only 17 years old at the time. I lost my boyfriend in 1989 to a drunk driver, he was on his way to see me when the accident occurred. I lost my Mother to BC in 1995. Lost my step father in 2005 to emphysema. My Mother too was my very best friend. There was nothing that we didn't share or do together. She was so beautiful, loving, nurturing, compassionate,quick witted and feisty as all get out. She loved her children more than life and we all knew it, she spoiled us rotten, always putting us before her self. I was her caregiver along with my step father while she fought this horrible ugly disease and she fought it so bravely, with such dignity and strength. Seeing what she went through back then when treatments were almost worse than the disease it's self is where I gain my strength from to fight this disease. She never complained, never asked why me or allowed herself to get depressed. She truly was a Beautiful Warrior Queen. Whenever I am terrified of something having to do with this disease I only need to think of her and I tell myself if she could go through what she did when fighting this fight and never complain than I can face whatever it is I am facing at that moment and this feeling of inner calm comes over me and I manage to get through another bump in the road. I lost my Father in 2001 to lung cancer. Although we had a turbulent relationship my whole life I was finally able to forgive him for all the pain that he caused my family and me and even asked him to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day as a true sign of my forgiveness because I had told him in the past that he would never walk me down the aisle, that I would have my step father walk me down the aisle. I got to know him as a man an individual the year before he died and I am so grateful for that time we had together. I worry about my Big Sister who I love so dearly, we have lost so much over the years already and I don't want her to lose yet another and the last member of her immediate biological family. It rips my heart out to even think about it. I know that isn't going to happen for a very long time though because I truly believe that the Greatest Physician in the world, Jesus Christ is healing me.

I know that there isn't much anyone can say to you right now that is truly comforting or that will lessen your pain but please know that we are all here for you and that if we could take away any part of the pain and loss you are feeling that we would do it in a heart beat. We are all cyber hugging you right now and praying for you. As you are thinking about your Mom and all of the wonderful memories you have of her, try to picture her as the beautiful Guardian Angel that she is now. Completely free of pain, filled only with peace, overwhelming joy and love, basking in the warmth of our Lord's omniessence and loving embrace. Reunited with loved ones who have gone before her and looking down upon you with loving eyes and a smile on her face because she knows what a beautiful child she raised and that her child is strong enough to get through this and will one day soon be able to think of all the memories you shared and once again will be able to smile because you are so strong and grateful that she was your Mother and for the time you had together and because you know that her suffering is over and that she has nothing but happiness now in her new life with our Lord and Saviour.

May time heal your heart, memories soothe and comfort your soul and the Lord bless you and yours.

Love, Warm Hugs & God Bless, Sweetie,
Nicola

VaMoonRise
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Brenda,

Sending you lots of hugs too Sweetie. Your Mom raised a beautiful loving and oh so strong daughter. I know she is smiling down upon you and looking after you everyday.

Love,
Nicola

StillHere
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Chelee, I too understand the loss of a mother. It has to be one of the most painfull things we have to endure. I know for about the first 2 years I always thought about how my mother would of enjoyed this or that outing or holiday, but trust me it does get easier with time. Still to this day, eight years after her death, I always try to wear her ring, or a piece of her clothing at family events. It may sound silly, but wearing something of hers helps me feel she is there joining the celebration. My hope is that she had excellent palative care. If anyone else needs help getting end of life help for their loved ones. Please contact: www.compassionandchoices.org (http://www.compassionandchoices.org), or call 800-247-7421 for free confidential client support. Just ask to speak to a Client Support Counselor. I am a strong supporter of hospice and end of life choices. My heart goes out to you, because it does not matter how old your are when you lose a parent, the pain is still hard to bare. Peace be with you and your family. Karen

tricia keegan
08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Chelee I'm really sorry and saddened to hear your about your Mother and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lolly
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Dear Chelee,
I really feel for you. I lost my mother last year, and yes, it hurts deeply. When I feel sad about my mom, I try to remember all the good times we had, and how much she loved us kids, and that helps. Try planting something in her memory, that also helps.
Many hugs, Lolly

dhealey
08-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Cherlee, My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother after an eight year battle with breast cancer in l997. She was my best friend. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her now as I am fighting my own battle. Keep your happy memories of her close to your heart and may god wrap his loving arms around you to comfort you.
Debbie in North Carolina

Kim in CA
08-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Dear Chelee,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so hard to say goodbye. Just know she will always be with you. My dad died 28 years ago, and sometimes I can still feel his presence. It has always been a comfort to me.

Much Love, Kim

TriciaK
08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Dear Chelee, May I add my deepest sympathy and condolences to the tender loving thoughts you have received here from others. I am 77 now, and I lost my mother when she was only 47, my sister at age 53 of BC, and my dad of a massive stroke at 55. I have been without any of my original family for so very long, and yet I still feel them close and know I will see them someday. I don't know why I have lived so much longer than any of them, or even grandparents. It was so very hard for so long, but now I have a very large posterity, and each one is precious to me,too. How my mother would have loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren! Life goes on and the generations go on. Love and memories are really all we can leave for each other and all we can take with us. I pray that as time goes on you will find more and more comfort in memories of your wonderful mother's love and all that you shared. God bless you! Hugs, Tricia

CLTann
08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Chelee, my deepest condolence and sympathy. Lung cancer is a very dreadful disease. As the Sloan Ketterling lung cancer head once told me, the medical science has not found a way to combat this disease yet. Your mother is free from misery now and she will always be a very special person to you. Please take care of yourself. My prayer for you and your family.

Mary Jo
08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Dear Chelee,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly I am.

Sending a prayer for God to comfort you and give you peace.

Love,

Mary Jo

SoCalGal
08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I am sorry for your loss. When I lost my mom, I will share with you the two things that comforted me. 1. The realization that for some people in our lives, it would never be the right time to say goodbye. That helped me to realize that even if my mom lived past 57 to 87 or 97 I still wouldn't want to loose her. And #2. Love never ends. I find little parts of my mom in me every single day. You will find the same once you are further along in your grief process.

I wish you some peaceful moments in the days and weeks ahead.
Flori

kareneg
08-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Dear Chelee,

I am so very sorry sending you my love and prayers.

Sherryg683
08-17-2007, 08:37 PM
You are in my prayers Chelee, I am so sorry to hear this. ...sherry

Catherine
08-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Dear Chelee,

What a sadness you are enduring. I wish I could be there with you as a support. For now, just know that we are all with you. Life can be so sad. But life is for us to live. God will take care of your mom. I just do not know how you are to replace your mom's spot in your special life. Take all of the support and love you can get and hold yourself up.

Hugs, Catherine

Kimberly Lewis
08-18-2007, 03:11 AM
So very sorry for your loss Chelee, I know about being close to your mom. Mine has also been more like a sister to me. My dad was abusive and we really held eachother up through all those bad times. I will feel lost when she goes on too. Praying for comfort for you.. Kim

Andrea Barnett Budin
08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Dear Chelee,

My arms are around you. I know how painful the loss of a parent is. I am glad to read that you were so blessed to have such a strong and wonderful person as your mother. And that your relationship was so very special. May you come to realize what a true blessing that is. For now, it is understandable that you are focusing on the loss of your dear best friend and mom. That is natural. But if you can, step back and see how remarkable that relationship was and appreciate that you had it for so long. It is always too soon to lose someone we love, even if they are ninety nine years old. I surely wish you and your mother could have been together for decades to come. But I do know that she is at peace now, that she is watching over you and that you will meet again. Death is not the end of our story. The Soul survives.

In time, and I pray it is a long, long time for you here in the physical plane -- you will be with your mom again. In the meantime, though she cannot talk, you can hear her. Though you cannot see her, you can sense her presence. As Life goes on, as it must, you will hear your mother's words in your head, responding to little things. Your actions will come spontaneously, but suddenly you will realize that they stem from your mother's example. Your memories and engraved in your heart and it is my prayer that they will serve to comfort you. And may the knowledge that so very many people truly care and grieve with you also help to soothe your sorrow. I wish you peace with what is. Your mom is full of love for you still, just as your love for her endures. Love is indestructible. Eternal. And full of miraculous wonders. With much love and my sincerest condolences, sweet Chelee...
Andi

G. Ann
08-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Dear Chelee,
It is so hard to lose a parent (or loved one). At a dear friend's funeral two years ago, the priest said the pain felt was so great for family & friends because there was "much love." It is a blessing you were able to share love with one another. With your mom's lung cancer and your battle with BC, I'm sure your bond was strengthened even more.

I hope all your good memories will help comfort you. During this difficult time, try and take good care of yourself.

You are in my thoughts and prayers--G. Ann

Chelee
08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I want to thank all of you for your condolences and heart felt words of support. I am deeply moved by all your kind words. My gratitude to all of you is inexpressible. I know its only been six days since my Mother passed away but the pain seems to get worse each day. Its the realization that I can never pick up that phone and talk to her again. Let alone I usually went to see her at least 3 or 4 times a wk. Tomorrow will be very difficult because it will be the 1st day since her passing that I have two doctors appts. One on Wed., and then Thrus. I would *always* swing by my Moms house after running an errand or going to a doctors appt. There was hardly a time I ran out without stopping by to see her.

My Dad died when I was only 5 yrs old. Died of a massive heart attack. Since Dad died my Mother has been everything to me. My Mom, sister and best friend. I was so blessed to have her in my life. I have lots of wonderful memories of her that no one can take away...but the thought that I can never talk to her again is so painful. There is so much I'm going to miss about her. I feel like such a big part of me is missing never to be the same. I'm glad she is without pain and no longer suffering...but oh how I wish I had her back again....even for just five minutes. She told me once if something happened to her to pull myself by my bootstraps and keep going. How I wish it were that easy. Again...thanks to all of you for your heartfelt condolences. I appreciate all your kind words...it means more to me then you could possible know at this difficult time. Thanks for all your kindness & words of comfort. I really needed it. I knew this is the one safe place I could express myself.

Chelee

chrisy
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Chelee,
My mom died after struggling with illness for some time. A few days after she passed, she came to me in a dream. She was dancing on a railing in a crowded plaza. I believe she was telling me she was happy and free, once again.

And she is with me still.

kcherub
08-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Dear Chelee,

I am so, so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I am so thankful that you were able to be with her. Please know that while I cannot understand your grief, I send out huge hugs and sincere sympathy for you! More reason to fight on...

Anytime you need to talk,
Krista

Barbara2
08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/comfort_cob.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top>Daily Word — Wednesday, August 8, 2007

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Comfort

Sustained and uplifted by God, I am filled with courage and hope.

There is comfort in knowing that God is with me at all times and in all circumstances. Every concern is overcome through the unconditional love of God. I am sustained and uplifted—filled with courage and hope.

Just as Peter was beckoned by Jesus to walk across the water to Him, so, too, am I called to a greater demonstration of my faith. Perhaps I have been grappling with a challenge or a loss—trying to make my way through the experience. As I elevate my thoughts from the challenge to God, I am comforted and filled with courage and hope.

In prayer, I feel anxiety subside. My spirits are buoyed. As I move forward with God in this experience, I step out with confidence.

“Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and through grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and strengthen them in every good work and word.”—2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chelee, I want to join the others in expressing heartfelt condolences to you. Those of us who have lost a parent or anyone near and dear to us, knows how it feels to have a broken heart. My dad died of liver cancer 33 years ago and I still miss him very much yet today.

We pray for God's strength to bring you comfort and peace. Something that brings me great peace is knowing that someday I will see and be with my dad again. That thought brings positive thoughts to me while dealing with breast cancer. Someday, you will be together again. For now, may you find comfort in your faith.