PDA

View Full Version : Lapatinib / Tykerb TEACH Trial

AbbyDawg
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi!

I am new to this site ... looks like a wonderful place! I just started in the Lapatinib / Tykerb TEACH Trial on August 9, 2007. Is anyone else on the board in that study?

I am on Arimidex (since Sept 2006) and Lapatinib right now. Seems like the only new side effect I am having since adding the Lapatinib is nasty headaches. Has anyone else had this? It's really not a severe problem ... actually, I have been hoping for ANY side effect so I can maybe tell that I don't have the placebo.

Thanks much!

AbbyDawg - From Minnesota

PatS
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Abby, I started this same trial in January. There are also a couple others from here on the trial that I know of. So far, I haven't really had and side effects I can attrbute to the lapatinib/placebo, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the real thing or not. My onc. is adamant that that doesn't mean I'm not getting the drug, so we'll see. She says they'll unblind it at some point so I'll be interested to find out which I'm actually getting!

Take care,
Pat

AbbyDawg
08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi Pat!

Nice to meet you! I had not heard about them eventually unblinding the study. That would be great news!

So far I have headaches and it seems my joint pain is increasing. But then I am hoping so much for side effects so I can "think" I am on the Tykerb and not the placebo so I am gonna give myself a couple weeks to settle in to see if these symtoms continue or if it is "wishful thinking."

I am so VERY glad to meet someone else in the TEACH study!

AbbyDawg