PDA

View Full Version : Just showing off!!

Marlys
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I haven't posted for a while because I have been battling different issues the past couple of months. I had to have a right hemicolectomy on May21 due to a cecal volvulus secondary to my Chron's disease. I am so grateful that there was no cancer involved. However I do continue to read the posts and get my daily dose of support from you all. I fully expect to hear from R.B. about what to do regarding omega 3's and omega 6's and am looking forward to that.
Anyway the real reason I am posting now is so you can see the picture of me and my 3 grandsons at the Race For The Cure we did on May 12. Again they, my daughter-in-law, my grand daughter, and my daughter all participated in the race and had a great time. I found a pink hard hat at a United Rental Store and could not resist buying it. I'm hoping it will protect me from all manners of evil!!
Love and hugs to all,
Marlys

Believe51
08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Beautiful picture and I am so happy you shared your story. With all the sad things happening here on the board this is rather refreshing. I wish you continues success on your journey and prayers are coming your way. Kiss the little ones!!>>Believe51

PS: The hard hat fits you...surely your color honey!!

Mary Anne in TX
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey!
Those grandsons must be the best medicine of all!!!!
And walking with you for the cure! Great kids!
Thanks for letting us know you're better, even if you had to battle another monster!
Lots of love,
ma

Sheila
08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Marlys
What a beautiful picture...and what a great group to do the walk with! Love the pink Hardhat...I worked construction for years and was always looking for a "legal" way to dress mine up! Hope you are back in tune after your surgery. Glad to hear from you!

LAURIE
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Glad you showed off. I think that hat should be worn in the chemo room. It is definitely a hard hat area sometimes. I am sure the nurses would get a kick out if it. What a great picture. I love it.

tousled1
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Great picture! Grandchildren are the best medicine there is.

Becky
08-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Dear Marlys

It's great to see that you are doing well and enjoying life. I'm glad you've checked in to say hello and that you are having a wonderful time. What nice looking grandsons you have!

TriciaK
08-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Love the picture, Marlys! I still remember fondly your visit with me in Mesa and think of you often. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I always tell people "I am in great shape for the shape I'm in!" Sounds like that fits you too! Hugs, Tricia

Mary Jo
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Soooooooooooo nice to "see" you again Marlys. I'm happy all is going so well in your life.

Mary Jo

Vanessa
08-16-2007, 09:04 PM
What a beautfiul family!!!!! So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I am also grateful that there was no cancer involved. Best wishes, I will keep you in my prayers.