PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of The Tongue

VaMoonRise
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
THE POWER OF THE TONGUE
by Chris Widener

There is an old proverb with a lot of wisdom. It says, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and whoever loves it will eat its fruit."

It is so true. What we say has the ability to create situations, emotions, and thoughts in others. A kind word helps people, negative words hurt - sometimes for a very long time.

But here I want to talk about this concept in relation to ourselves. How does what we say affect us? Tremendously. There is a simple principle here. Only say things that will create in you positive emotions, thoughts, feelings, and ultimately, actions.

Let me give you a good example. We do not allow the words "I can't" in our house. Why? Because we CAN! The very minimum is "I'll try." We ask our kids to say "I'll try." If we allow our kids, or ourselves, to fall into the trap of saying "I can't," guess what? We won't! And that's not good, is it?

Do you tell yourself negative thoughts during the day? Most of us can fall into that temptation, can't we? I was working the other day and I was brewing over something bad that had happened and I was just getting bent out of shape. So I stopped, realized I had the power to choose what I was saying to myself and began to think about and tell myself good things. And my day changed for the better.

Have you ever been in your backswing on the golf course and said to yourself, "I am going to shank this one." What happens? You shank it. This actually happens to me. So what do I do? I stop my backswing, reset myself, and tell myself I am going to hit it straight down the fairway. What happens? About half the time I hit it straight, the other half, I shank it, but increasing your ability is a future article! At the very least I increase my chances of performing better. Bad thoughts almost guarantee my failure, while good thoughts increase my chances for success dramatically.

tousled1
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I couldn't have said it better -- words are very powerful!

Believe51
08-15-2007, 10:00 AM
The words "I can't" or "hate" were never allowed in our home....big No-No. Those words are not allowed into my granddaughters home either. I try each day to say "I think I can...I think I can" and I have achieved many spectacular goals. At 21 years old I had some of the top grades in college and was able to cook for the Reagan Presidential Inauguration because I told my son I could!! ('course he was too little to understand). I believed even way back then!! I try never to let negative energy 'rent space in my head'!!

And that is why I am demanding a Miracle for My Boy!! Although I know that the cancer will finally come to get him, I KNOW WE CAN BUY SOME TIME HERE, MAYBE JUST LONG ENOUGH TO SEE A CURE OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT!! But yes Sweetie, "I THINK WE CAN"!!

Still Believing And Still Demanding That Miracle!!! Keep positive it works!!>>Believe51

Barbara2
08-16-2007, 07:54 AM
I read the short message from this little magazine every day. This is the message for today, August 16th. It made me think of the post by VaMoonRise, so I thought I would share today's thoughts with you.

What a blessing Daily Word has been to me and many others. It is also available online at no cost.

http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif (http://www.dailyword.com/)
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=logo></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://www.dailyword.com/images/email/20070816.jpg</TD><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top>
Today's Daily Word - Thursday, August 16, 2007

<!--STORY_BOX--><!--full.story_line-->Free

I accept and live my freedom in Christ.

I open myself to new possibilities by turning to the Christ within. Embracing my divine nature, I recognize that I am capable of overcoming any obstacle.

I observe any details in my life that may reinforce negative habits or beliefs. Then I consciously release them, denying their influence over my decisions. I choose to surround myself with people and experiences that support my well-being.
Freeing my mind of any thoughts of lack or dependency, I claim healing in every area of my life. Through the unlimited resources of the Christ Spirit, I meet each day with wisdom and faith.

Affirming my wholeness and well-being, I expand my consciousness of good. I accept and live my freedom in Christ.

“When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, ‘Woman, you are set free from your ailment.’” —Luke 13:12

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TriciaK
08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
This is a great thread, and I agree wholeheartedly! That's why in 22 years of fighting BC, I have never said "I have cancer", but always "I am fighting cancer"! Hugs, Tricia

Mary Anne in TX
08-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I love this thread too! My mind loves to be reminded of the truths of life! Thanks for sharing everyone! ma