PDA

View Full Version : CyberKnife Scheduled

tousled1
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be having the CyberKnife procedure done sometime Monday. This will be a very busy week for me as tomorrow I go see the radiation oncologist to get fitted for the mask and after that I go to have another brain CT done. This one will take slices every mm as opposed to every 5mm. Thursday, I get chemo and from there I go for another brain MRI and after that I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon. So I will get a call on Friday with the exact time I should be there Monday. I'm a bit anxious but not in a bad way. I'm just anxious because I don't know what to expect -- other than the brain met will be blasted into oblivion!

caya
08-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Kate,

It seems that the plan of attack is in place, and that brain met will be blasted into oblivion.
I wish you all the best, a complete and speedy recovery.

caya

sassy
08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Blast that Met!

Stay strong and positive, as you always are. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
________
Vaporizers (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

Becky
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Dear Kate

I am thinking of you and your wobegon met.

Love and hugs,

Jeanette
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Thinking of you Kate. Sending you all the prayers I can muster. Hugs and Blessings, Jeanette

Faith in Him
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Kate,

Praying for you as you work your way back to NED.

VaMoonRise
08-14-2007, 03:17 AM
Dear Sweet Kate,

I can only tell you about my experience thus far with WBR and what a woman told me in chemo who has been through WBR & Cyberknife. We both have experienced hair loss, dry skin, trouble concentrating, fatigue during/after coming off of steroids and muscle weakness in our legs, mostly upper thighs. The steroid is like being on Meth I am told. You have plenty of energy (like being on speed, you feel like superwoman), very emotional ups & downs, can cause temporary diabetes in some people, all of these side effects depend on the dosage given, strange dreams, puffiness of the face and abdomen, feel loopy in the head, trouble with short term memory. All of these side effects are supposed to go away after the steroid and radiation have had time to get out of your system. They recommend doing leg exercises afterwards to regain muscle tone. Not certain if they put you on a steroid for Cyberknife or not but they do for WBR and perhaps these side effects are more related to WBR too. Best to talk with someone on the boards who has had only had Cyberknife.

The fitting for the mask takes no time as it is a light meshed flat piece of plastic that they warm up and place over your face, it takes the shape of your face and then they cut out eyes, nose and mouth holes. The actual radiation takes a short time to receive and is completely painless.

The woman I talked to at chemo had started with 6 brain tumors and went through WBR that left her with one small stubborn brain met that they then went in and Cyberknifed. She is doing great now, as far as brain mets she is NED.

I know that this Cyberknife is going to blast that little sucker into history and that you will do just fine because you my Dear are a true warrior with an Angels spirit. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you take on this new battle that is sure to be a victory!

If there is anything that I can do other than lifting you up in prayer please let me know Sweetie. A great book to read while going through any part of fighting this ugly disease is called "The Doctor and the Word" by Dr. Reginald Cherry, MD. I can't praise this book enough. It teaches you how to heal yourself through the promises of Christ in the Bible, the Holy Spirit, the use of modern medicine and God. It also teaches you all about the natural ways to prevent and treat disease and illness by means of diet, exercise, prayer, and supplements. He teaches you that God can use both supernatural and natural means to heal. I love his loving spirit and inviting style of writing, I can't put the book down it is so good. The miraculous testimonies of his own patients will build your faith, and his practical medical guide will get you started on your pathway to healing today. I can testify to this myself and I have only been practicing what he teaches for a short time. Look for my new post called "Kicked in the Teeth Once Again" to understand what I mean, it ends up turning out okay.

Love, Hugs & God Bless,
Nicola

PS: Sorry if I have offended anyone with my belief in incorporating God and Christ into every aspect of life. Personally I don't know how anyone could go through life or the battle with a terminal illness without Him.

Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I (God) will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.
(Ex. 23:25-26)

Mary Jo
08-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Sending hugs and encouragement for your VERY BUSY week.

Love,

Mary Jo

Kimberly Lewis
08-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Hi Kate, Glad you are in a place where you have good people fighting for you. Praying you join the miracle club here of women who fight this disease off. Kim

Mary Anne in TX
08-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Good Morning Kate!
Sounds so very space age...the incredible things that they can do to our bodies these days! I think it is scary to think about anything being done to our brain, but they are so amazing today and can kill those little suckers that cause us so much trouble and leave our much needed "daily use" cells alone.
Kate, this may be a real busy week of anxiety for you, but I'd bet money that it will bless the cootee (how in the world do you spell that?) out of every single person who gets to spend time with you!
God bless you and may each procedure bring you closer to your goal of NED and peace of mind.
Much love,
ma

Sheila
08-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Kate
This must me a very nervous time for you...we are all that way with a new procedure, treatment or scan....but the outcome makes all the nervousness well worth it....in a few days that brain met will be history, and you can channel your energy to getting the other mets in line. You are in my prayers and thoughts constantly....you are brave Kate, I am very proud of you.
Sending much love and a hug

hutchibk
08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Keep really still! (like you can even consider moving your head in that mask...) You will do great. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I may still be headed down that path too.

tousled1
08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
The fitting of the mask went really well and didn't take any time at all. After that we had our brain ct done - this one the slices ae every mm instead of every 5mm. I'm feeling pretty good but extremely exhausted but then my counts are way way down!

Nicola, Don't ever feel that you did or might offend anyone on this board. Perhaps there are some on the board who are not as spiritually aware but that is no reason to feel that you can not speak what you wish. I am very spiritual and pray each and every day for every man and woman on this board. And I must say I need all the prayers I can get!

Believe51
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Really busy with Ed still being ill, he was supposed to start the Tykerb/Xeloda 8/13, but he is still unsure that he should start with his stomach STILL hurting, in fact he is a bit concerned with his health right now. Our Oncologist is on a vacation and our next appointment is the end of the month, so of course....more scans!!

Meanwhile back at the beach, prayers and positive thoughts flow as fierce as the waves. You have remained safely protected in our hearts, your journey softly sits in our minds! The candle burns every day in your honor and when lighting it I make wishes and send prayers. It is comforting as your friend to hear the calmness and confidence in your voice. Certainly sounds like the plans are in order and things are moving forward for you.

We are hoping you find the peace of mind that you provide to us each day. I will keep the faith and continue to BELIEVE in this journey of yours. At night when I go to bed and pray, I spend my time trying to go to sleep by making wishes for my friends. Those wishes range from meeting my friends at NED with my husband to my seeing my Wonderful Warriors grow hair back or be as pain-free as possible.

I am so pleased to have been able to meet you, you will never know just how much I admire and love you. As we all move forth into this journey of 'Petitioning For Life' I wish you receive back all that you have given in life....only ten-fold. Keep the faith and never stop BELIEVING!!!

Sending Love and Loud Prayers your way!!>>Believe51

MichelleH
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Kate,

I love your spirit, those nasty mets will be blasted into oblivion!
Keep the faith, & keep us informed.
I am keeping you in my prayers.
Love & big hugs,
Michelle

doh2pa
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
That brain mets TOAST! (okay I just watched Terminator 3 last night and am feeling a little energized today!)

We are all pulling for you and praying for you and I know all that positive energy will help. Be strong, stay positive - THIS WILL WORK!

tousled1
08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
This week had another CTscan, brain MRI and today I saw the neurosurgeon. He said that this met is extremely small but in a "critical" area. No additional mets showed up on either test. The CT was done with slices every mm and the MRI every 3mm. Monday we have the CyrberKnife so it will be goodbye met forever!

Mary Anne in TX
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
We'll be praying you through that Monday appt. Kate! I loved the part about no other mets showing up! Monday will be your day! ma

Faith in Him
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Great news that there are no other mets. Soon there will be none.

I'm praying for you.

Julie2
08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I will be praying for a good outcome.

Julie

chrisy
08-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Kate, you have sure been busy...I'm so proud of you, taking charge as you are. Just slam that met down for good.

Be thinking of you over the weekend and Monday...

love
Chris

mslinda
08-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Prayers for you Kate.

Love,
Linda
S. Mississippi

Vanessa
08-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I am keeping you in my prayers and I will be thinking of you on Monday. I hope everything goes great.

Catherine
08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Kate,
Praying for you and your proceedure on Monday.

Cyberhugs, Catherine

hutchibk
08-16-2007, 09:53 PM
God's speed on Metday... I mean Monday. Pardon my french, but ZAP the shit out of it!

Believe51
08-17-2007, 05:38 AM
That's what I'm talking about......you go girl!!>>Believe51

kareneg
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
As always your in my thoughts and prayers kick butt my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lolly
08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Kate, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this weekend and Monday, the big day! You'll do fine, and will be waiting to hear your report.

<3 Lolly

sassy
08-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Kate,

Praying you will be back to "nothing" after Monday! Keeping you foremost in my thoughts and prayers.
________
1SnowyBeauty (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/1SnowyBeauty/)

Kim in CA
08-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Kate,

I'm holding nothing but positive thoughts for you and your Cyberknife on Monday. I know how antsy you must be to get it done and overwith. My brain tumor was small too, only 8mm. That was two years ago, and I'm still NED.

Hugs to you, Kim