PDA

View Full Version : I must be crazy or paranoid!

SusanC
08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if I am paranoid or listening to my body. I have some shooting pain and tightness in the lung on my right side (radiation side), pain in my breast (only had lumpectomy) but experiencing pain along the side by my underarm.
On a separate note, I have swollen joints...mostly in my wrists which have cause full blown carpol tunnell. I finished chemo in January, Rads in April and still on herceptin. Is is possible to have mets this early?
I appreciate any input you might have.
Thanks,
Susan C

Stage 1, 1.8 CM
ER-/PR+, Her2++++
Ki67-60%

Becky
08-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Naturally you must always listen to your body but I still get shooting pains in my breast (had lumpectomy too) and pain in my underarm area. Rib pain on that side too. I did get it checked out and it is associated with rads (but I was only 1 yr out at the time so I made my onc do CT scans - clear). Now at 3 yrs out, these pains still come and go - I think it is because of scar tissue pressing on nerves and nerve damage from rads. However, my motto is to always ask a doc and since you are still on Herceptin, you see your onc so ask him.

I will say that Herceptin exaserbates everything and I have been better with everything since the treatments were over.

I really don't think this is anything to be concerned about but do make sure you ask.

Also - swollen joints can be from Herceptin. Many on this board experienced this.