PDA

View Full Version : recipe for Turmeric tea

hutchibk
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but a friend told me it was really good!

Turmeric tea recipe from Yogi Bhajan, Yogi Teas

* 1 tsp turmeric powder

* 4 cups water

* 1 cup milk (soy, rice or dairy)

* 2 tbsp almond oil

* liquid sweetener, to taste, optional (honey, agave, maple syrup)

PREPARATION:

Bring water to a boil and add turmeric. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring to make sure the turmeric is fully dissolved. Reduce heat, add milk and oil and stir well. Add sweetener if desired and enjoy!>>

In lieu of almond oil, try an almond extract and soymilk with almond. Refrigerate the rest and drink it cold as well.

As far as how much, start with a cup or two a day... see how you feel. Of course, anything in excess is not good, but up to 3-4 cups a day should be a reasonable limit.

Also, consider trying these pre-fab Turmeric teas from Dr. Andrew Weil... I haven't tried them either, but I have been waiting and watching for them to become available. Looks like they finally are. I think they can be ordered on Amazon.

http://www.itoen.com/tea/index.cfm?sp=product&catID=51&id=390
http://www.itoen.com/tea/index.cfm?sp=product&catID=46&id=371

Believe51
08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
...for my tummy tummy tummy. I used honey in mine and simply loved it. Off to try it with Canadian Maple Syrup my Aunt just took back from her home there. Thanks for sharing life with us, it is so pleasing to have normalcy returning. Keep Believing>>Believe51

hutchibk
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I bought the provisions for it tonight and the kettle is just starting to whistle, so I will make some and report back. I can't wait! Glad you liked it, Believe...

hutchibk
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
OMG!! YUMMY! I used vanilla enriched rice milk in the pitcher when it was done simmering and then added a tbsp of maple syrup in my individual cup... oh wow. This is my new favorite drink. Can't wait to try it cold.

Debra
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Thank you Brenda and I am enjoying a cup right now as I type this! I had that bottle of almond oil from the first time I made it and knew I would never use it for anything else so I thought I better get ahold of that recipe again! I really do enjoy the taste.

Believe51
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
I thought I would bring this to the surface in case others missed this recipe. I love this tea and will enjoy one soon on this extremely dreary rain-soaked day. It is the end of June, right????>>Believe51