PDA

View Full Version : 1 year since diagonsis/ what a journey

LAURIE
08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Today is exactly 1 year from the day that I was diagnosed. I remember that I was calling the doctors office about four times a day for days wanting the results. The nurse kept on making excuses for the doctor but finally did tell me that the results were sitting on his desk and did not know why he had not called me yet. (he apologized for not calling me earlier, but admitted that he had a hard time calling me because he was so upset) Then I finally got the phone call. I was at the post office when my cell phone rang. When he told me, I ran out to my car screaming. My husband was waiting for me in the car. I remember that I was shaking so bad. I did not know anything yet, just that I had breast cancer. I did no know that day what a journey I would be put on. Every day after that was a big suprise.

It was a couple of months after that when I found this great board and you all. What a journey this has been so far. I have grown, learned a lot about myself, cried so much and also learned to keep my chin up. I am still very scared about what is to come but will fight this journey all the way. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT THIS PAST YEAR.

Vi Schorpp
08-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Congratulations Laurie! What a wonderful anniversary. I remember wondering initially if I would be here a year later and all of that. I don't know what I would have done without this Board. I, too, gained so much knowledge and felt comforted by all of the support from this board. I also don't know what I would have done without the internet. I knew before I met with the oncologist that I would have Adrimyacin, etc. Knowledge gives me power not to be "overwhelmed." If I have an idea of something before a consult I feel so much better and better able to absorb whatever the discussion is because of not feeling overwhelmed! We are so fortunate.

Sheila
08-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Laurie
Congratulations on the first year...life does get better...that initial shock I remember well....after 7 benign breast biopsies, I never in the world expected to hear the words breast cancer.....it has been a journey, but the women and men on this board have made it so much easier....we get more love knowledge and understanding here than we could ever expect....we all have a bond, that time or miles or struggles will not bend...I am thankful for each and every person here, and the ones that have gone...each has enriched my life.
1 year down.....decades to go!!!!!!

Mary Jo
08-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Laurie,

Thanks for sharing your story. You are right - it surely is "quite a journey." A journey we wouldn't have picked for ourselves (of that I am quite sure) but a journey that many of us will say has changed us for the better. We have met many, many wonderful people (in the cyber world and in person) we have learned to truly appreciate and enjoy life and we have been strengthened and have grown in ways none of us could have imagined.

Honestly, I feel blessed AND like you Laurie am afraid many days as well as our futures are "unsure" at best, but hey.............................aren't they all? I guess ALL of us our "terminal" as far as that goes. Right?

Congratulations Laurie on your one year "cancerversary" (I just learned that word in here http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif) I am happy for you and pray the Lord's Peace and Love to hold you close forever.

Love from a "sister" on the journey,

Mary Jo

chrisy
08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Laurie, you little ray of sunshine, congratulations on hitting this milestone. As Sheila says, one year down, decades to go!

Patb
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Laurie
Congratulations on one year. I just passed that anniversary myself. It is a
wonderful anniversary to have and I wish you a long lifetime of them.
patb

juanita
08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! I wish I'd found this site a lot sooner than I did. You are very lucky to have found it early.

Jean
08-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Laurie,
Congratulations! What a difference from a year ago. We learn so much
the first year....sending you big hugs....enjoy...

Jean

lexigirl
08-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Laurie,

Congratulations on your one year milestone! I am so thankful to have found this site, too.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

tousled1
08-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Laurie,

Congratulations on your first year anniversary -- first of many.

Believe51
08-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Congratulations on your first year Cancerversary!!! September 7, 2007 will be one year for hubby and by living one day at a time...here we are. I am so happy to hear that it is one year for you today. I will honor you in my mind all day. Keep the faith and do not forget to keep the chin up.

Keep Believing!!>>Believe51