PDA

View Full Version : Petscan Result

Vanessa
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I received the results from the petscan I had on Thursday. There was a small amount of progression in the past three months while I was on taxotere, so my onc. believes that I am becoming resistant to the taxotere and will be switching me to abraxane on Friday, which I will be on for 3 months, at which time she will retest me. My onc. also made a list of different drug combinations that we will be able to use in the future. She was relieved that my mets are contained in my lymph nodes and has not respread to any organs at this time. So my results were not great, but they were not bad either. My onc. seems pretty encouraged about abraxane and I have been reading about some of the board members results with abraxane. I am ready to continue the fight.

VaMoonRise
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Dear Vanessa,

I am so glad to hear that there is no progression to any organs. I know the news isn't exactly what you wanted to hear and changing treatment plans is always nerve racking but it sounds like you have a great onc with a good plan in place. I will keep you in my prayers that your new treatment will put you NED in no time.

Thanks for your kind words on my brain mets post, etc., having all of you sisters is such a blessing and I thank God everyday for having you in my life and I ask Him to fulfill all of our needs and of course bring about the cure we all are so desperately waiting for.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and well wishes.

Nicola

tousled1
08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Vanessa,

Sorry to hear there was progression while on the Taxatore but at least there was no spread. I've read a lot about the Abraxane and it appears to be a great drug with very few side effects. Hopefully this will be the magic bullet! Keeping you in my prayers.

Cheryl44
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I am wishing and praying that Abraxane is exactly what you need! Hugs to you...
Cheryl

IRENE FROM TAMPA
08-08-2007, 04:29 AM
no spread is GOOD. I took Abraxane and it is very easy tolerated and pretty good drug. It kept me stable for some time so I wish you much luck with it.

Unfortunately, we must constantly be on the look-out for future drugs and you and your onc seem to have a plan.

Take Care Vanessa