PDA

View Full Version : Thank Heavens and Earth

Odette
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Dear Beautiful Friends,

There is no new terrible news regarding my scans!
Thank you for all your encuaragement and prayers!
The lung nodules are a little bit larger by 1mm each dimension and there are only two of them, no new ones.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon6.gif
The various lymph nodes in the chest are each smaller by a small amount, and there is one new one developed (right supraclavicular)http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon9.gif. Oh well, life is not perfect! Yes, also there is a tiny amount of pericardial fluid.
I take all this as good news right now, what I was really scared of that I would have a host of new lesions all over. Maybe I can still just stay on Tykerb and Xeloda, any opinions?
I will let you know how it goes with my doctors in the next couple of days and thank you thank thank you for caring, it is so exciting and comforting to have you all care about what is going on with me!

I will keep all of you in my prayers as well,

xoxo,

Odette

Mary Jo
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Dear Odette,

I'm happy the scans turned out well for you. Such anxiety that waiting game can be. The worst part really! It's over now and you are relieved. Thank God.

Mary Jo

caya
08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Odette,

Glad the scans were good. Keeping all good thoughts for you and your future successful treatments. Waiting for the results is awful!!
all the best
caya

VaMoonRise
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Dear Odette,

I am so very happy to hear that your scans weren't what you feared the most. I left you a private message last night and have been thinking about you all day. Stay strong Sweetie and know that we are all here for you all the time.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola

Lolly
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Odette, I'm so glad the news is not terrible, and actually "sorta" good. The small increase and the one new node is a bit worrisome though. I can only tell you that if you and your oncs decide to think about switching chemo's from Xeloda to a new, possibly also synergistic chemo in combo with Tykerb, that my onc conferred with a research doc friend of his and then suggested Abraxane for me. It's been working well so far, but if I were to experience progression he would again suggest switching to a new chemo to add to Tykerb.
Tykerb, like Herceptin for many of us, apparently needs a chemo that has synergy to be most effective.

But overall, your news is so great, and perhaps it doesn't hurt to "wait and watch" for a while longer before changing course.

<3 Lolly

<3 Lolly

Adriana Mangus
08-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi: Just wanted to say your picture is lovely!!!!!!!

Seems like despite all the ups and downs you are doing great.

What incredible and inspirational women I have found on this site!!!.

So glad to hear you have a loving husband.

Sending you a big HUG>>>>

tousled1
08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Odette,

Glad that you are pleased with the results of your latest scans. Let us know if your oncologist is going to continue with the current treatment or make a change.

Odette
08-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Thank you for your notes friends!
Kate, Nikki, Lolly, Adriana, Caya, Mary Jo, you understand they were really not good results but not horrific either!
Lolly I looked at your previous posts about getting a stubborn lymph node radiated. - I had my cervical (mid neck) lymph node radiated on the left side (that was my originally affected side) and that lymph node obliged and shrunk back to oblivion! The one they found now is the supraclavicular on the right, hmm. Your post gave me ideas. I might make an appointment with my radiation oncologist to see what she thinks. Do you think that may be a good idea?

Right now waiting for my oncologist to come back from vacation. And waiting from the second opinion doctor to call. Will let you know about next steps too.

My keyboard at home is still dead. Cannot write as often as I wish.
When is your appointment for the cyberknife Kate?

Thinking of you, praying for complete recovery for all of us and hoping for a scientific breakthrough ASAP.
with love,

Odette