PDA

View Full Version : Nutritionists - Pros??

weezie1053
08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
After whining about my weight gain, a femaile Oncologist suggested I see a Nutritionist. I'm a life-time member of Weight Watchers due to my yo-yo dieting techniques of gaining and losing every 2 years. Just wondering if any of you gals sought out a nutritionist at your medical facility, and if you felt it was very beneficial. I am thinking it might be of benefit not just for the weight gain/loss but to learn how to eat healthier so I can live to be a ripe old age as a survivor.

Louise

Lauriesh
08-07-2007, 05:16 AM
I went and didn't find it helpful. I think it depends how much you know now about nutrition.
I didn't learn anything new.
Lots of fruits and veggies and good carbs, good fats and lean proteins in the right portion sizes pretty much sums up the advice given.
I bumped up some of the threads that discuss the breast cancer diet and good fats on this site that can give you a good idea of what you should be eating.

Laurie

R.B.
08-07-2007, 08:10 AM
You might like to look at the posts on this stte on balancing the omega threes and sixes.
If you have not found it (and it took me a while) you can search be clicking on search above and enter your search term.

Fats are a particular issues for "yo-yo" dieters.