PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get a weird private message today?

hutchibk
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I got a weird generic "Greeting, how's it going" private message from someone who I have never seen on the boards before, with a website attached that I did NOT click on. Also, can't find their name in the members list and they have their join date as Dec 1969. Anyone else get this?

Vi Schorpp
08-06-2007, 11:05 AM
No, I haven't!

jener8er
08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Yup! I already forwarded it to Joe and he's deleted the account, which is why you can't find it! Pure SPAM, don't click on the link.

MichelleH
08-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow, great minds think a like! I must have been typing my post as you were sending yours. Yes, I got this message, pretty frustrating eh?! Not only here, but of coarse copied to our personal email. So anyway, your not alone in receiving this junk mail.
Love,
Michelle

dee1969
08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi , I got a Greeting and some Yoga quote and link to a website

IRENE FROM TAMPA
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
I Got One Also And Wondered Who It Was Since It Came Through My Personal Message With My Name.

I Will Delete

Sheila
08-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I got it too.....now I know what it was...I thought I was having a bad memory day!

Andrea Barnett Budin
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
But I also got a REGULAR email from a friend today that I have not taken the time to check out on Snopes but it warns of a new virus that comes in an email (supposedly reported on CNN) that says you have a GREETING CARD from a friend. This email warns -- DO NOT OPEN THIS GREETING CARD UNLESS YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE PERSON WHO SENT IT.

I have an English Greeting Card Company and send cards to friends and grandkids, etc. so I took note. It's not a Hallmark card. I will verify on Snopes, but I'm reading this and felt maybe it was related.

I got the private message and assumed it was someone who was drawn by my postings on spirituality -- and I love Einstein!

Then I saw joined in l969 with 0 postings and NO bio. Just signed TURING w/http!

So be careful ladies! I feel so violated. Right here, on my safe and wonderful Her2 site. Is nothing sacred? Ugh. What's the point anyway. What do y'all think about this? ANDI

Joe
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
We take all possible precautions in order to protect our members. That is why we require registration for members who wish to post or answer posts. We have also changed our registration procedures.

We try our best, but sometimes these guys fall through the cracks. I saw the email and it contained no spyware or viruses.

Regards
Joe

CLTann
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I got a personal message here, but the message never appeared because the computer prevented it from opening.

wennydog
08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
yes I did.

Leslie's sister
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I got a private message in April 07 from someone named Rebecca which I didn't respond to. I've checked her profile and she still has zero posts. I'm assuming it is the same type of thing. Joe, if you read this, check the private message to me in April 07 from Rebecca. It has a link as well which I never checked out.

Joe
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I do not have access to others private messages. Only my own.

Regards
Joe

hutchibk
08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for what you do for us Joe - you and Christine keep us safe in more ways than you know. This is our safe place and it is a profound part of my life. I would be lost without it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

BonnieR
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
i recieved it too! Thanks for the heads up