PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Gathering

Joe
08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Ten members and guests were present at yesterday's gettogether at the Carlsbad Inn in Carlsbad. It was great meeting our new friends and seeing our old friends again.

We had a wonderful time and went to lunch at Fidel's. The meeting was capped by a surprise birthday cake and corsage for Christine. We wish to thank Adriana for arranging this meeting.

Start making plans to attend our annual brunch in October at Lake San Marcos.
http://www.her2support.org/together.jpg

Beckie, Bob (hidden) Esther, Chris, Susan, Charlyn, Adrianna, Christine and Michelle.

Regards
Joe

lexigirl
08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Sounds like fun. Would love to be able to meet up with you all some day soon!

Hugs,
Lexi

suzan w
08-06-2007, 05:38 AM
You all look GREAT! Must be that California life!!!

MJo
08-06-2007, 06:36 AM
This lifelong East Coast resident wonders if there really is a cultural difference between us. I agree with suzan--you are a great looking bunch.

Esther
08-07-2007, 03:29 AM
We had a lovely time chatting and getting to know each other. Meeting someone in person, connects you even more.

Special thanks to Adriana for coordinating it, and reserving the lovely conference room. Thanks to Joe and Crhistine for your hospitality as well.

I learned some specific details I had not been aware of, and walked away with some questions to ask my onc re my treatrment protocol. So it's all good.

I would encourage anyone who is able to come, to join in on the Oct Brunch gathering, You'll be glad you did!

Esther
08-07-2007, 03:30 AM
We had a lovely time chatting and getting to know each other. Meeting someone in person, connects you even more.

Special thanks to Adriana for coordinating it, and reserving the lovely conference room. Thanks to Joe and Crhistine for your hospitality as well.

I learned some specific details I had not been aware of, and walked away with some questions to ask my onc re my treatrment protocol. So it's all good.

I would encourage anyone who is able to come, to join in on the Oct Brunch gathering, You'll be glad you did!

Sheila
08-07-2007, 06:26 AM
WOW, What a great looking bunch...I wish I lived closer, looks like it was a great time....now you have all had the honor of meeting Christine in person...and that is an honor!
Thats it, I need to move to California!

LAURIE
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
wow, it must of been great to meet in person. Joe, have you ever thought of posting a map of the world and pin pointing where all of our members are from? It would be an interesting visual to see.

Lolly
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh, wish I could have been there! Someday........

<3 Lolly

Shell
08-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Joe-

Thanks for posting this - it's brought a smile to my face, and I'm sorry for once that I'm on the East Coast.

Kind regards,

MCS
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I have been gone to Boston on vacation and came back and specifically looked for these pictures.

I actually dorve by Dana Farver in Boston and thought of all of us and those who have been treated there.

I also visited MIT where they are doing research with T cells and microchips. a distant light of hope

You look wonderful