PDA

View Full Version : Kinda goofy, but it surely does work!

Mary Anne in TX
08-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi All!
I was in Dallas & Houston this past week and while doing some shopping for something else, happened upon some nursing bras in Target! (Target is a big deal since there's not one, nor much else, where I live) I picked one up to try it with my Amoena prost. and it works GREAT! I couldn't believe it! It not only works well, but is soooooooo comfortable. Just wanted to share this info. as I have ordered the "real" bras and not been very happy with them. And I wanted several in different colors and didn't want to pay the price for the "real" ones! These are lacy and pretty and no one would know but me that they are nursing bras! How fun to find such a little treasure! 2 years ago I took such things so for granted, but no more! ma
P.S. I see the onc tomorrow am and hope to get some clue about how long he will try to keep me on herceptin. I'm, of course, praying for longer rather than shorter. I do truly believe that it is the herceptin that is keeping things in check (or at least I believe everything is in check). I also will see what my last tumor marker score was! Mine seem to match the activity of the cancer cells accurately. So many things about my body have gone back to 5 - 7 years ago since I've stopped the chemo and am just on herceptin. Even with the shingles battles of pain, I am thrilled with how I feel overall! I do get tired easily, but I can do things and think things through! I even have moments of creativity that I was afraid were gone! I feel so blessed to be alive and able to keep on fighting and living!
Thanks to all who share so freely and kindly about all the great new stuff they are working on. I believe that herceptin is just the tip of the "get and stay" healthy iceberg! Some need another miracle and I'm praying that it is found quickly. And all because Christine and Joe met the challenge of beginning this site those years ago! Thank you, thank you!

Jeanette
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
What a great idea. I will have to try this, especially if they are comfy. Jeanette

Chelee
08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
You may of just solved a problem for a women I know of at my cancer center. I can't wait to mention this to her. This sounds like it will do the trick for her. Thanks for sharing Mary Anne. :)

Chelee

Jade
08-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks Mary Anne for passing this info along. Do the nursing bras have a 'compartment' to put the prosthetic in, like the mast. bras? Or do you just put the prosthetic against your skin under the bra cup? (never used nursing bras)

Mary Jo
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for asking those questions Jade. Same questions I had. I never wore a nursing bra either so don't know anything about them. I think there is flap???? That opens????? Wonders what you do with the prosthesis. Anxious to hear what Mary Anne says.

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Again!
I was so amazed how comfy the bra was. It has a little semi pocket/flap/sleeve type thing on the outer side of each side. Well, that's a silly description, but it works. I wear the size 4 Amoena and it just works so great. It's the stretch and softness of the stretch lace that made it so fun to wear. And I think, made the prost. fit and stay so well in place. Made me feel like a "regular" girl!!! ma