PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin questions

Faith in Him
08-03-2007, 11:35 PM
I was wondering if herceptin is considered to work for the majority of hers2+ bc paitents. Is that a true statement? Just curious, since I am a stage 111'er and have almost a year of herceptin left. It seems that for mets, drs are able to tell if herceptin is working because scan are done. I guess for stages 1-3 we just have to assume that it is working. Is that correct?

I know herceptin is considered a wonderful treatment and I am so glad it is available to us. I hope it knocks my stage 111 cancer into oblivion.

Thanks,
Faith In Him

Chelee
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Just bumping this up for you. :)

Chelee

Alice
08-04-2007, 03:41 PM
As I understand it, unless you have active disease that has not been surgically removed, and therefore measurable, all there is to go on is statistics and the abcence of progression. I think the stats for herceptin are very good. We also have to remember that stats are not as up to date as what is going on currently in the comunity. I would view it as that herceptin is working unless there is proof otherwise.
Alice

Mary Jo
08-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Faith,

I'm not sure if that's a true statement or not. What I can tell you is that I was diagnosed a stage 2B in June of 2005. After 4 DD - A/C and 4 DD Taxol along with every 3 weeks herceptin for 1 full year I am NED 2+ years. So, I pray the chemo plus herceptin made/makes all the difference.

2 years and 41 days NED (since diagnosis June 24, 2005) BUT hey, who's counting.........................http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo