PDA

View Full Version : for those on lapatinib, statistics on %s w different side effects

Lani
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
treatment suggestions rather lame (those on this board have done better, I think). Again, the full article is free

OPEN ACCESS: Lapatinib-Associated Toxicity and Practical Management Recommendations [The Oncologist]
Lapatinib is an oral receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, inhibiting both the ErbB-1 and ErbB-2 receptors. Lapatinib has been shown to have activity in ErbB-2-overexpressing breast cancer in several phase II and III clinical trials. Specifically, lapatinib is effective in patients with metastatic breast cancer, with inflammatory breast cancer, and possibly, with brain metastases. An ongoing clinical trial and another anticipated clinical trial will investigate lapatinib as adjuvant treatment in early-stage disease. Lapatinib has specific toxicities, the most common being diarrhea and rash. Cardiac toxicity is rarely seen with lapatinib. This paper reviews lapatinib-associated toxicities and provides practical management recommendations based on available data.

Lala
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Lani
Where did you get this information? What paper ?
I have been on Tykerb / Lapatinib for months now.
I did have the common side effects but I do not see the % that you are referring to. It seems you only posted part of the article...

Lani
08-03-2007, 11:02 AM
It is from a journal called Oncologist (it was in square brackets) .just google The Oncologist and find the article in the latest edition, hot off the press.

It will include all the stats. Sorry I am not good at "linking"

Lolly
08-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Here's the link:

http://theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/full/12/7/756