PDA

View Full Version : Just need some advice

molly
08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone
I just need some advice. I have a small lump under the skin about the size of a large pinhead near what would be my adam's apple if i was a man. I have only noticed it in the last few days. It is not sore and it is not getting any bigger. Do you think that this is a lymph node which is slightly enlarged and if so when should i worry. The other thing that is concerning me is that for the last few days i have had pain in the ribs on my back - the opposite side to my mastectomy. It is more of a burning sensation and it is sore to touch. Any suggestions. I have not had a bone scan for about 18 months now as my onc doesn't order them unless there is a symptom etc.PS I do not have any mets anywhere. Thanks for your help. Molly

VaMoonRise
08-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Hi Molly,

I wouldn't be too overly concerned but I would definitely have it checked out as soon as possible. Always best to be safe rather than sorry. It very well could be just a swollen lymph node due to any various reason such as even sinus probs this time of year. I am sorry that you are having burning sensations in your back. I have no experience with a mastectomy as I had a lumpectomy but I have experienced some strange sensations in my upper left rib cage area just next to my breast before which could be described as a burning feeling. This usually happens around the time that I would normally be menstruating if I were not in temporary menopause due to chemo. Hopefully one of the other ladies on the site can be of more help.

So glad to hear that you don't have any mets. As far your onc not ordering any scans unless there are symptoms is not something that sits well with me. If you have any concerns and worries and just need that peace of mind always push for what you want. Don't let them be the only ones that manage your health care, you have to be in charge of your health 100% even if it means stepping on some toes. Keep demanding and pushing until they do what you want, they work for you, you don't work for them and peace of mind goes a long, long way.

Wishing you all the best and sending you lots of love, hugs and good vibes that the small lump is nothing. Let us know what you find out Sweetie.

Nicola

Barbara2
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
The large pin head doesn't sound like it is probably a lymph node; just a guess. I have had sore ribs off and on since my treatment ended in 03. They are also sensitive to the touch, and if I touch them too much, they get even more sore, so I try to leave them alone.

These rib aches do come and go. Sometimes they're sore in the front, either side; and sometimes in the back. They may be there for several days or longer, then they go away for a while. I will sometimes take a Motrin or Aleve and they feel better. I'm taking Arimidex and Actonel, both which can cause bone pain.

You don't have your breast cancer history written after your signiture. It sometimes helps people to be able to answer questions better if they can see your history of meds, timeline, etc.

Hope this helps you some!