PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging News re: Possible Brain Mets

tousled1
08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Ihad my treatment today and saw my oncologist. We discussed the results of my brain scan and scheduled MRI (tomorrow). She is very encouraged that what showed up on the scan probably is not brain mets.

The report reads: "a solitary punctate area only seen on one slice located at the gray/white junction along the posterior right parietal lobe. This may represent volume averaging through a prominent vessel. However, given the patient's history of Stage IV breast cancer recommend follow-up MRI to ensure this does not represent a samll early metastatic deposit"

She promised that if she receives the report tomorrow she will call me. Otherwise I will hear from her Monday. It sure has put my mind at ease.

Jean
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
ooough....sounds very encouraging....have been thinking of you all day.
Will continue to keep you on top of my list for special prayers!
I feel confident that you will be posting positive news.

Hugs,
Jean

Mary Jo
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh Kate.........that's just what I wanted to hear from you. You made my night. Such wonderful news. I am confident it is nothing and am happy they are "on top of things" for your sake.

I hope treatment was uneventful for you and you are feeling alright.

Huge hugs and a prayer for God's Peace to surround such a wonderful person.

Mary Jo

Carolyns
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Kate,

Okay, so far so good. I have my fingers, legs, arms and toes crossed (okay maybe not my toes). I will say an extra prayer but it does sound really encouraging.

Carolyn

sassy
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Kate,

Its looking like nothing!

Sassy
________
Medical Marijuana Card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Alice
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Sounds like it could be a big Hoorah!!!

Margerie
08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I bet you want off this rollercoaster ride! Best of luck and thinking of you Kate.

caya
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
SIGH - as in a big SIGH OF RELIEF!! Hope that the MRI confirms this is NADA, NOTHING, GOURNISHT!!

all the best
caya.

Hazel Joyce
08-03-2007, 04:43 AM
The report does sound like it might not be mets. I hope you get the phone call today. It's awful to wait over the weekend.

Hugs,
Jean C.

VaMoonRise
08-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Kate,

I am so glad that you are more at ease, nothing worse than the waiting and worrying. You have been on my mind so much and in my prayers and I just know that everything is going to come back okay, it has to dagnabit!

Sending you lots of love and hugs and wishing you a wonderful weekend. Go pamper and spoil yourself this weekend, you deserve it Sweetie.

Love,
Nicola

Believe51
08-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Told you I was not going to even think about you having brain mets until it was confirmed!!! That means since I got the news my heart and head was totally encompassed in prayers & positive energy!! Thank goodness I did not waste my time thinking the worse!!

Good going my Warrior Angel you keep fighting those other fights, now you have the relief of having one less. What a great way to start my day. Again, let's keep the good news coming for everyone. Seems we are on a roll here this week!!

(I cannot wait until Monday, but this sounds promising)

Waiting For A Miracle...and commanding one NOW!!>>Believe51

Emelie
08-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Score 1 for the good guys! Will keep you in my prayers as always.
Emelie

Becky
08-03-2007, 06:57 AM
See - those blood vessels can show up funny - just like mine did.

:)

StillHere
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Kate, So happy to hear your news. Enjoy your weekend even if you don't get that call today. Peace Karen

DonnaD
08-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Kate,
Such great news. Many are still praying for you. Good luck with the MRI tomorrow. Hoping you get the results quickly so you can finally relax.

Keep us informed.
Donna

lexigirl
08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Kate,

I am feeling a sense of relief. I know you haven't gotten the whole picture yet, but it is sounding promising that it isn't a brain met. I am praying that it isn't and am claiming that right now! I hope that you are doing well and look forward to more great news.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Bev
08-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Hoping for the best results. Will tune in Monday. Bev

michka
08-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Kate, I am happy to see this news. Hoping to read good results from the MRI. Keep fighting.
Michka

nitewind
08-04-2007, 05:59 AM
It's always great to hear your doctor being positive and giving you good news. Congratulations, I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Hugs

Gerri
08-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Great news Kate! Can't wait for Monday's final report!

Belinda
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Wonderful News Kate! Bxxx