PDA

View Full Version : I need info and suggestions!!!!

Her2Sue
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I am here again! I HAD to get back on Paxil, big time panic and anxiety! I am upping it slowly and using lorazepam to try to stay even LOL!

Ok I am showing in bloodwork that I am in menopause (chemo induced) Onc wants me to do Femera and watch bloodwork. He hasn't said anything about a shot for my ovaries and I am worried. I was premenopause before this journey. Has anyone done this and how are you doing? Any other suggestions please? I can't do Tamoxifen with Paxil it won't work. What can I expect from Femera? I got my pills today and just keep looking at the darn bag!! I just finished Rads Thursday, last week. I have got to get on the ball here am just so scared and confused!
Thank you for any and all help!
Susan

Chelee
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Susan, I've had a mess on my hands over being peri-meno/menopausal. Long story. But just make sure they check your FSH level often to make sure you stay menopausal. They DIDN'T with me and I had been taking Femara when my FSH was LOW in the peri-meno range for MONTHS. I do see you mentioned your onc plans to keep an eye on your labs...thats good.

As far as a shot such as Lupron or Zoladex he will only do that if your FSH drops to peri-meno range. Again, after my horrible experience...just make SURE they check your FSH levels while on Femara. (Estradiol) occasionally too. :) I eventually went and had an ooph and it seems *some* endometrial tissue was left behind which produces enough estrogen to keep me in the peri-meno range. So in MY case....my ooph was all for NOTHING! I had an ooph and I have to have Zoladex implants to take my Femara. You should be fine since your onc is going to check your labs. Believe me..your not the only one to be scared and confused about starting on these drugs. I was upset about it too. Not any of this is easy. Hang in there.

Chelee

Her2Sue
08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I am bumping me back up hopefully for more replies!
Chelee thank you! Are you doing better since your misshap?
What do I watch for as far as trouble??
Thank you
Susan

Chelee
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Susan, Actually you should be fine on Femara under the circumstances since your onc told you he will be checking your FSH level and estradiol. If he does this on a routine and timely basis you won't have any problems. If your onc sees that your FSH level starts dropping to peri-meno range he will start you on Zoladex or Lupron so don't worry to much. (easier said then done.) It sounds like your onc is on top of things. Hang in there. :)

Chelee