PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with Experience of Doxil or Abraxane?

Ragini
08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
After a whole lot of soul-searching, finally decided to go with single agent Doxil as my next line of treatment. I've already been through AC+T, Herceptin, Navelbine, Xeloda, various rounds of radiation, a craniotomy followed by radiation, Tarceva, Gemzar + Cisplatin, Tykerb, and Taxotere. I never got a break in all this of more than 3 months before the disease started progressing again. Now, we're back to square one with an anthracycline. *@!&*@!?£*&!!!!!

Anybody out there with experience of single agent Doxil after being heavily pre-treated? What are the side effects?

Is there anyone who has gone on Abraxane after having previously done Taxotere? Was there a response?

Prayers and best wishes to all of you
Ragini

kareneg
08-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi.

I have just recenltly been on doxil and had great response. my CA27-29 went fron 282 to 69. But unfortunaly I had to start onther treatment yesterday it seems that three tumours were acting up everything else stayed stable, lymphnods and the many other tumours I have in my liver. I was on doxil for almost six months so I will pray that it works well on you and you have a long run with it! We are all different so here's to the doxil being the right one for you. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Shell
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Ragini-

I'm thinking I'm as heavily pre-treated as you!! I did not do well on doxil, but everyone is different... I have been doing well on abraxane after progressing on taxotere, so don't be hesitant about trying a re-formulated taxane... Best of luck with your choices...

Regards,

Lolly
08-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Ragini, I'm on weekly Abraxane with Tykerb and responding well to the combo, but it's been 7 years since I had Taxol as adjuvant for tx of primary.
I'm finding Abraxane much, much easier than Taxol as far as the neuropathy. My hair did thin to the point that I had my husband shave it. I have to have Zofran as a pre-med for naseau, and don't usually need additional meds later in the week unless I eat something too spicey or fried.
Hope this helps.

<3 Lolly

lu ann
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I was about to start the tykerb trial when it was realized I did not have an anthrecycline chemo. This was one of the prerequisites of the trial. Since I did not want to take adriamyacine I was given doxil. It was very tollerable. No hair loss, no nauseau or vomiting. I'm not sure if I had progression on doxil, but I had to stop and had more radiation for my brain and spine.

Vanessa
08-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I have been on taxotere for 9 months out of the last 13-1/2 months and the way my dr. talks abraxane will be my next treatment of choice. One of my chemo buddies is taking abraxane and avastin together and is tolerating well. She says she keeps waking up thinking she is going to experience bad sad effects and has had minimal side effects at this point. I can tell she feels better than before. I don't know anything about doxil, but I hope that your next round of treatment is very successful. You are in my prayers.

Shell
08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Ragini-

if you do the doxil, be sure the co. gets you the packet with the creams, and ice packs and everything - I firmly believe they should take all options in the infusion room to lessen your side effects one you're through for the day!! Good luck with it,,,and watch the sun!!

Kind regards,