PDA

View Full Version : I need your pictures

fauxgypsy
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
I hope that I am not out of line in any way asking for this. I am contemplating a piece of digital artwork and I need pictures of breast cancer patients. It will have the quality of a photomontage. I am interested in pictures that show the full range of us, the young mothers to our oldest wise women. I need informal pictures, nothing copyrighted. And I need your permission to use them. I am sure I won't be able to use them all but I need a variety. I will not be using names and I will only be using them in this particular art. If any of you are interested in helping me I would appreciate it. It will be a piece that I intend to reproduce if it turns out the way I hope and I will donate a percentage of any of the profits to a breast cancer non-profit. I haven't checked to see if this board is non-profit (Joe, let me know) but this could be an option. If you are willing please email them to me.

Thank you so much,

Leslie

tousled1
07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Leslie,

This site is a non profit. I will email you my pic. I think it's a great idea.

IRENE FROM TAMPA
08-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi Leslie

Great Idea. I Have The Picture That Is Attached To This Post And I Also Have One In The Photo Gallery With My Team For The Susan G. Komen 3-day Breast Cancer Walk Last Year Here In Tampa. I Am The Fourth From The Right

Will One Of These Work If You Can Take From The Site Or Do You Want Me To Send You Something Different Directly. Let Me Know.

Thanks For What You Are Doing.

fauxgypsy
08-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Thank you all. Several people have sent me pictures already by email. I will try to thank everyone individually as well. I don't know if the avatar picture has a high enough resolution. But the picture itself is great. Someone asked if they could see it when it is finished. I will be glad to let everyone see it when it is finished. If there is anyone who has lost someone their pictures would be appropriate as well. I want this to celebrate the living and memorialize the ones who aren't with us anymore. Men with breast cancer are also welcome to send their pictures. Until I found out I had cancer I was not aware that men developed breast cancer. It just never occurred to me. Thanks,

Leslie

Leslie

Believe51
08-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Do not know if this helps but I can send you a picture of my husband who is a stage IV breast cancer warrior! Let me know if I can help.

Waiting For A Miracle....and commanding one soon>>Believe51

VaMoonRise
08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi Leslie,

I absolutely love your idea of a photomontage. I myself am an artist too but I am a painter and not so great with photography. Now my sister is an awesome photographer/digital artist as well as painter and has taken some really neat and unique photos of me that are a great depiction of cancer. I would be more than happy to send you as many as may want to look at and you are free to pick and choose whatever you want to use. Just let me know where to send them to. I can't wait to see the finished piece even if I am not in it, lol.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola

sarah
08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
hello,
what type of photo - when we're in chemo or when we're looking our best?

fauxgypsy
08-02-2007, 11:39 AM
I really want a mix of photos, so what ever your are comfortable with. My email is fauxgypsy@hotmail.com. Thanks,

Leslie

fauxgypsy
08-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I am having surgery Thursday so I might not answer emails for a few days. I want to thank everyone who has respnded so far. I also want to encourage y'all to send me more pictures.

Leslie

Karen Weixel
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Leslie,

I will have my husband send my picture.

Thanks,

Karen

mindersue
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll send ya one.

Thanks for asking. : )

Mindy

Mary Jo
08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I sent mine today. Hope you got it.

Mary Jo

fauxgypsy
08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Several of you sent pictures but I still need more. I am hoping by bumping this back up that more of you will respond. Thank you all so much for your help.

Leslie

ita
08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Leslie,

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. I see that the mast. was uneventful. Great to hear. Bumping you again for those pics.

Ita

fauxgypsy
08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I have been sent several wonderful pictures but I still need more. I am bumping this up one more time in the hopes that a few more of you will be willing to share your pictures with me. Thank you so much for the pictures you've already sent.

Leslie

MarieJZ
08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
not sure, but would love to help out. sending this impromptu....welcome to it...would love to see what you're doing with our "family album" always wondered about "fauxgypsy" ....being more the artist/philosopher than the techie, Jim will do the actual email-ing for me . (fauxgypsy?)

fauxgypsy
08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
fauxgypsy- have brush, will travel

I am a faux finisher and muralist, it is how I make my living. I also paint painting and play with digital art. I started using this screen name years ago. Right now I am having to be a techie as well, trying to get my shift key to stay on my laptop. My technocoon had fun with it last year and it will never be right again.

Leslie

hutchibk
08-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I sent you some pics today - don't know what you might be looking for, so I opted to embarrass myself a little...

Susan McQ
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Just sent a picture today.

Susan

Vanessa
08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I bombarded you with pictures this evening. I sent several, so that you could pick out what you were looking for.