PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!

Stephanie B.
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi

I don't post often, but do read daily. I have been on Weekly Herceptin since a PET scan showed some lesions on my liver in October 2006 and bi-weekly Taxol since a followup PET in Feb showed more lesions. Since starting the Taxol my lesions have slowly been shrinking and my latest PET Scan done last week showed they are almost completely gone. I was a little concerned going in to my appointment this week because last weeks blood test showed my tumor markers up by 20. My onc says it could have been due to the fact that I had a bladder infection that took almost four weeks to get over. Any way, things are looking up for me and hopefully after 2-3 more months of Taxol my scans will come back completely clean and I can get back to some sort of normalcy again. It seems my hair was barely back from the first round and I had to shave it again!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

Stephanie B.

ps... how do you get your profile to show up after a post?????

tousled1
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Stephanie,

That's wonderful news and good news is always great to hear. Seems the Taxol is doing it's job.

To get your profile up --- go to the top of the page and click on UserCP - then click on edit signature - there you can add whatever info you want to show up after your posts. You only have to edit signature once and it will automatically come up with each post.

Grace
07-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations--happy to hear your good news. Don't let the markers worry you too much. Mine have been high since diagnosed with Stage 1a a year ago. Scans/MRI's etc. show all is well, and my doctor, like yours, blames infections, etc.

Stay well.

chrisy
07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats great news - many oncs (mine included) do not rely on markers and unless you KNOW they are valid indicators for you, a small increase need not be cause for panic. My doctor says "the proof's in the pudding", meaning the CT or PET showing shrinkage trumps the tumor markers!

Taxol's good stuff - sounds like it's working.

Mary Jo
07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm happy that things are going your way Stephanie. That was great news to hear tonight.

Hugs to you Stephanie.

Mary Jo