PDA

View Full Version : worried

Julie2
07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
My tumor marker (HER-2/new ELISA) has been on the rise for the last 3 months - from 7.5 (in March) to 10.1 (in May) to 13.5 (in June).

Is there a reason to panic ?

Would appreciate views from other survivors who have been in similar situation and suggestions on how to proceed from here would be helpful as well.

Incidentally, I am also getting CA 27-29 monitored. During this same period it has fluctuated from 7.0 (in March) to 8.9 (in May) to 7.7 (in June). Not sure if this data is really useful.

Bev
07-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi Julie,

Don't panic but keep testing. My onc doesn't test at all, waits for symptoms. From what I've read you know you have a problem if your scores skyrocket ie, 10 to 30.

I'm not in your shoes, so I hope someone who is can shed some light, Bev

Vanessa
07-29-2007, 10:14 AM
My CEA tumour markers had gone down to 1.5 then jumped to 6.5 and then to 12.5. My doctor ordered tests and I had 3 very, very small spots in my lymph nodes, which my doctor jumped on immediately. I should be ending my 3 month round of taxotere added to my Herceptin. I just had a catscan yesterday and will find the results on Tuesday. I was really thankful that my doctor took notice immediately. She knew that my tumour markers seems to correspond with what is going on in my body. It was a far cry from the tumour markers of 273 that I originally had.

tousled1
07-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Julie,

My tumor markers were never a good indicator so I relied on my HER2 serum. My benchmark HER2 serum was 10.1 and gradually dropped to 6.3. When it rose to 9.5 I asked my oncologist for a scan even though numbers were still in normal range. It turned out we have lung mets.
I don't want to worry you, but I would ask for a scan. I'm sure it's nothing but better safe than sorry.