PDA

View Full Version : Inflammation

MJo
07-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Something Leslie wrote sent me right to google. How did I miss this one. As an asthmatic since childhood, I am concerned and glad my asthma is under control. I rarely need an inhaler. Those of you who know about such things, please suggest natural anti inflammatory supplements. Aspriin, even buffered aspirin, tears up my stomach.

---An intriguing study, conducted in mice and supported by an ongoing examination of breast cancer patient records, suggests a link between the pulmonary inflammation seen in asthma and increased risk of lung metastasis.
The study, conducted by researchers at Mayo Clinic Arizona., suggests that breast cancer patients who have asthma could reduce their risk of cancer spread by using readily available inhaler medications. ----

R.B.
07-24-2007, 09:47 AM
MJo

Please have a look at the omega three and six posts.

The chemical pathways of fats is what aspirin blocks.

High omega six and low three is linked with a whole range of inflammatory conditions including asthma.

There are lots of trials. This one is in language that is understandable to us the lay people.

RB

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=15485592&ordinalpos=5&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

ABSTRACT

"Clinically important anti-inflammatory effects in man are further suggested by trials demonstrating benefits of n-3 fatty acids in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disorders. Given the evidence relating progression of atherosclerosis to chronic inflammation, the n-3 fatty acids may play an important role via modulation of the inflammatory processes."