PDA

View Full Version : Surgery for Skin Nodule

Lolly
07-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I had surgery last Friday for a pesky skin nodule that hasn't been responding to Tykerb/Avastin. We won't know until follow-up this Thursday with my surgeon whether it's a different cancer ie: er+(wouldn't that be nice!) or whether the chemo just hasn't been dosing it sufficiently due to it's location in the heavily radiated scar area.
Also, had to have a skin graft taken off my thigh to cover the excision, again due to the chest skin being so tight. Sigh.
The good news is we really like my new surgeon. I had to change because of insurance issues, and was a bit apprenhensive, but he's very good, so that's a relief.
I'll know more after Thursday, and will post with the path results.

caya
07-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Lolly,

I hope you are feeling more comfortable now , and I am praying for a good pathology report on Thursday.
Glad you like the new surgeon.

Be well, all the best
Caya

kareneg
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I am praying to for a good pathology report all my best.g

Karen Weixel
07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Lolly,

Sending prayers your way.

Karen

suzan w
07-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Hoping for good news from your path report. Just curious, why did you say that you hope it might be er+???

Jean
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Lolly,
Wishing and praying for the best of news on report.

Hugs,
jean

Sheila
07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Lolly
Hope you are feeling better now that the surgery is over...those skin grafts are painful....praying for good results....we both know how pesky these nodes can be. They seem to have a mind of their own...sending you healing thoughts and a big hug...

SoCalGal
07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I've been told in the past that circulation isn't great in radiated areas - I've had skin things and tiny scarline things that they cut off or took out and that was the end of it, so I pray for the same results for you. Sorry about the graft - I've heard they are painful - often more pain from the donor site. As you know, it will heal and pass so try to stay on whatever pain meds take the edge off (tylenol? or stronger). xo FLori

Lolly
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, Ladies.
Suzan, all my biopsies from primary diagnosis on have shown er/pr-, but Lani posted some info the other day that sometimes er- bc that's been exposed to Herceptin can mutate to er+. This would be good in my case, I think, as then anti-hormonals would be a treatment option.

lexigirl
07-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Lolly,

Hoping for quick healing to your surgical sites. Good path, too!

Hugs,
Lexi

chrisy
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Ouch. Sounds uncomfortable - but ta ta to that pesky node. That'll teach it! Let that be a warning to any other nasties that are considering a "non response"!

StephN
07-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Dear Lolly -
Glad you could take another run at that node with a scalpel! Some nodes are not in an easy place to get at by surgery.

Will be waiting for your path result. I have a friend here who had neck nodes that were new and not responding. Her other nodes had been hormone positive and the new ones were negative. Guess it is possible to work both ways.

Don't need to remind you to watch carefully for signs of infection. Thought of that since you have been on the chemos lately and may be a bit run down.

Vanessa
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Praying for good news. Best wishes on your path report.

tousled1
07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Lolly,

I'm praying that the pathology report comes back with nothing but good results.