PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb Absorption

MCS
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I posted this also on the Articles of Interest bbut I wanted the Tykerb users not to miss

MCS ( maria)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070716/hl_nm/cancer_food_dc

Rupali
07-17-2007, 06:20 AM
This might be the reason that from a commercial angle GSK says dont take Grapefruit with Tykerb as that would mean less money for them.

SoCalGal
07-17-2007, 08:29 AM
The way I understand it, the only way to control the toxic build up, is to take it on an empty stomach. With food, the Tykerb does not "clear" the body in 24 hours, and you can have toxicity.

I think that is what the CARES Peeps explained to me. For the record, taking tykerb with a starbucks seems to be fine:)

TheresaM
07-17-2007, 07:49 PM
flori: just curious. why did ur onc recommend tykerb offlabel with your new chemos? will ur insurance pay?
tks.
tykerb/xeloda was the only drug combo that ever worked for me, albeit for a short time.
Theresa

hutchibk
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I sent this to my onc yesterday just to get his thoughts, his response was "Sounds promising. I agree with the advice to not try it at home/on your own... or it could cause increased side effects. The doses have to be worked out first. Let's wait and see what comes of this."