PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of Tykerb alone

Rupali
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi all,
I will be starting with Tykerb monotherapy from Friday or Saturday. Apart from diarreah what are the other side effects you all are facing with tykerb alone. Please share and also if you are following some specail diet or alternative therapies to combat the side effects.
Regards,
Rupali

chrisy
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Not too many folks have experience with Tykerb as a single agent. I am on Tykerb with Avastin, which is at least "different" from the more common Tykerb/Xeloda, and in my experience has been less toxic.

My experience has been VERY mild rash - more like a few pimples (hope that's not a bad indicator with all the woo-hooing about getting a rash!) and occasional diarreah which for me has been easily controlled with a single dose of Immodium.

BTW, my LVEF increased after 8 weeks on this.

Hope you get good success with the Tykerb!

Shell
07-13-2007, 07:22 AM
aside from the diarhhea, you may also experience the rash mentioned - wasn't painful for itchy for me, but it was present for a short while... good luck w/ things...

Regards,

Lala
08-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Rupali
I have found that taking Tykerb before bedtime has helped me avoid some of the symptoms. When I started Tykerb I was taking it in the daytime and I realized it caused some stomach indigestion. I switched to the night schedule and now I do not suffer with that issue anymore.

I do take the over the counter drug Imodium and use a bulk diet to fight off the other famous side effect of diarrhea. So far it has worked well. I take Tykerb with Xeloda and both drugs are very tolerable.
One last thing, it is very important to take your dose all at once as this allows it to be properly ingested.

I wish you the best!