PDA

View Full Version : Heart doing GREAT on Tykerb

Lolly
06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Just wanted to post my Echo results after a month on Tykerb and two months off Herceptin: my LVEF is 65%!
Last year my Muga came in at 49%, the lowest since starting Herceptin in 2001. The number has been slowly but surely declining over the years, so when my onc ordered the Echo after our last visit when I complained of tiredness(red counts are decent), I was a bit worried that Tykerb was affecting my heart function and dropping it even lower...NOT SO! My heart has bounced back and I'm so relieved!

Just wanted you all to know, who may be worried about Tykerb affecting the LVEF, it ain't necessarily so!

<3 Lolly

Mary Anne in TX
06-14-2007, 05:42 AM
What wonderful news, Lolly! It's like letting a balloon loose to the sky each time I read such great news! Cheers to you and lots of love. ma

SoCalGal
06-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi Lolly,

I have recently been seeing a doc at ucla, he's an md in their intergrative oncology dept - ph D in pharmacology, who specializes in vitamins and supplements for women undergoing chemo.

His area of expertise and interest is for woman on AC and protecting the heart thru use of vites/supplements. Long story short (may be too late for that) - he has done extensive research and mentioned to me that he is about to be published for his work on protecting the heart using suppliments. His work has allowed woman to stay on AC (or whatever) longer without suffering heart damage. Maybe you want to look into supplements - it can't hurt (I hope).

Great news on the heart!
Flori

Carolyns
06-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi Lolly,

That is great news! I am smiling right now!

Love, Hope, Peace,

Carolyn

Lolly
06-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Flori, thanks for the advise; I do take supplements, especially CoQ-10, but don't go too overboard on antioxidants while on chemo. My onc feels caution is warranted regarding certain antioxidants and supplements, as they can actually be counterproductive while chemo is trying to do the job. Once I'm off chemo, I do step up the supplements, but CoQ-10 has been a regular part of my regimen since starting Herceptin.

<3 Lolly

Esther
06-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Lolly, I'm celebrating right there with you, after 3 1/2 years on Herceptin and 2 months on Tykerb, my LVEF came in at 75%. My onc said mine was better than his!!!