PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb Update

Esther
05-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I finished a 3 week cycle of Tykerb and a 2 week cycle of Xeloda on Tuesday of this week, the 1st of May. When I went in for my Herceptin infusion, I had my blood drawn for my labs.

My CA 27-29 had been at 398 three weeks prior to this. I just called to see if they had the results, and my CA 27-29 results were 90. So they went from 398 to 90 in just 3 weeks of being on Herceptin, Tykerb and Xeloda.

The TM's have always been very accurate for me, so this was good news that something positive is happening. I was hoping for good news, but this was better than what I'd expected.

My liver and bone mets have continued to stay in remission, so this may be very good news regarding my 3 brain lesions. I'm due for a brain MRI in about a month, so will have more input then, but for now, this was very good news indeed.

hutchibk
05-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Esther! I am so happy to hear this. You are a true inspiration. You and I have a few similarities right now, TMs that are typically very accurate, switching to Ty/Xel, and watching 3 small brain mets...

My doc isn't ready to do Herceptin with the Ty/Xel right now, but I know he is keeping an eye on the Ty/Herc trials for the future.

I am tolerating the Xel just fine so far (and I took it today without a Zofran preventative dose ahead of time - no nausea!!). I will know more after the Ty arrives in the mail and I add it to the mix. But knowing that you are tolerating it well and in combo w/ Herc is amazing and truly inspirational!

Keep up the good work! That is such awesome news. I think you deserve to treat yourself... go buy some new shoes or something!

Lolly
05-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Esther, that's incredible news! Thanks for the update, and encouragement for those of us just starting Tykerb.
Enjoy your weekend, I hope you're going for a spin in that new sports car!

<3 Lolly

Andi
05-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Esther - that is so good to hear! Let's hope the combo knocks the socks off those brain mets.

chrisy
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
HOLY MOLY (or should I say mole as it is cinquo de mayo) that's fantastic! I'll be hoping this is VERY good news for you and the others watching brain activity. Thanks for posting!

koolmom
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm new to the board, but wanted to say CONGRATTTTSSSS!!!! I feel like I have a new family.

Sherryg683
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear the good news and that the Tykerb is working!!!..sherry

Shell
05-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Esther-

what fantastic news - and what a comfort knowing TMs are an indicator for your response.

regards,

Joy
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Chalk it up to chemo brain, but in my mind I posted a celebratory note to you, but that doesn't really help to communicate to you how happy I am to hear of your news. How wonderful to know that this actually works and from here seems so manageable for you. I'm inspired and confident that I can do this and have results-so thank you for the encouragement. Most importantly, though, this is great news for you and I am excited for you and look forward to more great updates.

Carolyns
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Esther,

That is great news. I am glad to hear that the markers are dropping so fast. I hope you gave yourself a little treat!

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyns