PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb with Abraxane

Lolly
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Just took my first dose of Tykerb! I know some have reported side effects may be less with an evening dose but it just arrived this morning and I wanted to get started, so will see how it goes.
I started weekly Abraxane last Wednesday; yesterdays counts were beautiful so had my second dose, no hair loss yet but I expect to see it by next week. I'll have hats, scarves and my trusty wig handy :)

<3 Lolly

hutchibk
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Best of luck with Avastin/Tykerb Lolly! Remember - don't give it any wiggle room. While you are waiting for hair loss, I am waiting for hair growth after 9 months on Taxol/Herceptin! Seems we're on opposite ends of the hair pendulum...

chrisy
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Lolly,
Good luck with the new combo. We'll just be a couple of T&A gals! LOL! As you know, everyone responds differently as to side effects, I always say don't claim them until you get them.
I've had good luck (my first week!) with taking the Tykerb first thing in the am, and the digestive issue seems to be related to how long before I eat my first meal. I've actually had very little in the way of problems.

I hope both of our T&A cocktails are equally effective in kicking the living daylights out of the cancer while leaving a light footprint on the rest of our body.

Esther
05-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Lolly. hope this combination works very effectively for you. Tykerb has turned out to be a wonder for me so far...3 weeks into it.

You may not get as severe side effects, I didnt.

Lolly
05-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks Gals! Day 3 began with some loose stool, then definitely some diarreah, but after that things settled down and I've felt "normal" (ha ha) all day, so I'm hopeful. Am taking a page from your book Chris, and carrying Immodium around in my purse.
Oh, had some itchy areas, and a small scattered rash appeared on my upper right arm today, whoohoo!

<3 Lolly

chrisy
05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, like how sick are WE - woo-hooing about getting a rash!LOL! I finally got a little bit of one - it's sort of like isolated poison oak and a few pimples on my nose. I'm so excited!

Kidding aside,
We are so spoiled by having powerful drugs like Herceptin keep us well/stable/NED with minimal side effects. I still feel spoiled - so far just a few little pimples and a bit of "looseness".

VERY small price to pay for treatment that will kick cancer butt!

Lolly
05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Never thought I'd hope for more pimples! I have Rosacea, so I have "issues" with facial pimples already and it's hard to tell at this point if they're from Rosacea or Tykerb. I am experiencing an outbreak since starting Tykerb, but this usually happens when I start any new chemo...
But, YES, small price to pay!!!

<3 Lolly