PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

cassie
04-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi!
Guess I'll get the hang of this yet. I'm so glad to have found this forum and have spent many hours reading.
This is my profile: dx'd on 9-13-05 at age 62. Stage 2b grade 3. ER/PR-but Her2+++. Had left radical mast on 9-18-05 with SNB+ 24 nodes taken with3+ Port was placed 10-13-05.
Chemo started 10-13 with Taxotere,Carboplatin x6 and herceptin x one year every three weeks. I was lucky in that I had few side effects except diarrhea at beginning and staph infection of port near the end. Of course there was the fatigue and slight nausea. Lymphadema starting Jan. 06. Rad x 33 which endedMar 30,06.
Question: For those of you who have had or have mets--did you find out by pain, out of range labs or by scheduled CT,MRI or bone scan? I have a new compression fx of T11 which gives pain to my last 2 ribs on left but the most pain is rt back(low) which is no better with rest, exercise or heat(feels great but doesn't take care of it) Tyelnol#3 used to take care of it but not now. This has gone on for 4 weeks. Onc is 300 miles away and not to see her until June. Just worried. Been off herceptin since 10-06.
Hugs to all! Cassie from Alaska