PDA

View Full Version : Bad Scan

Andi
04-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I went in Friday for a CT scan and was feeling very optimistic as I have been feeling good, but when my results came back it showed significant disease progression, popping up in some new places(not the birthday present I was hoping for). I am now going to switch to Tykerb/Xeloda and have also started with Zometa. Since it was late on Friday afternoon, the insurance company didn't give the immediate approval for the Tykerb, so I am hoping to start sometime this week. I am interested in any thoughts anyone may have and also if there is any body out there with a similar situation as mine that has not responded to herceptin as hoped. I appreciated all of the tykerb information that those of you who are currently taking it have shared.

julierene
04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, I think I am on the boat with you. Some would say 11 months of Herceptin would be great. But looking back, that one liver lesion has been there THE WHOLE TIME! I was hoping Herceptin would do better for me.

MichelleMoon
04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I've been taking Herceptin since June '06. First with Taxol and now with Xeloda/Tykerb. I had about 4 months on Herceptin alone before my lung tumor woke up again. I hoped to get so much more. My FISH test was 2.7, barely HER2+. I wonder if this has anything to do with my results. Who knows. No one has figured out who will do well. Maybe Tykerb will provide a longer break for us.

All the best,

Joy
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes that was a really crappy birthday present, even a toaster would have been better. I'm frustrated for you and hoping that the next approach zaps that junk. Know that you are loved and prayed for.

Andi
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Michelle and Julierene lets hope the tykerb will do for us what the herceptin wasn't able to. Joy - thanks for your kind words and thoughts, I always appreciate your comments.

chrisy
05-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, POO.

Sorry to hear your dumb cancer has escaped the herceptin. Hopefully the Tykerb/Xeloda will slap it back down quickly and without mercy.

Andi
05-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Chrissy - I hope your combo is working for you.