PDA

View Full Version : $$ to participate in study

mts
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
The following came in my email- I participated in the last one (several months ago) Its "real".

We are currently inviting breast cancer patients to participate in an internet interview. If you qualify and participate in the study, you will receive $50 for your time. The study takes about 20-25 minutes.
We have a few preliminary questions at the onset, and then we will direct you to the internet site so you can do the study at your convenience.The study will be conducted from September 27th through October 30th.
If you would like to participate in the study, please call us at 1-800-868-4206 and ask for reference # A2+199.

Thank you,
Jill O’Reilly
Medical Data Concepts, Inc

madubois63
10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
HERE'S ANOTHER ONE I JUST GOT TODAY...

At some point in the past you used the NexProfiler Treatment Option Tool for Breast Cancer. At the time you registered for this treatment decision tool, you indicated that you would be interested in being contacted by NexCura, which operates the NexProfiler Tool for Cancer, for opportunities to participate in market research.

We recognize that dealing with breast cancer can be a difficult experience and that you may not want to participate in market research. If that is the case, please delete this e-mail.

We are writing to let you know that a research group will be conducting phone interviews with breast cancer patients between October 25th and November 3rd. The research group is offering $75 to patients who qualify and participate in a 45-minute phone interview.

In order to participate in these interviews, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:

Be a breast cancer patient who is currently being treated with Abraxane
OR
Be a breast cancer patient who has discontinued treatment with Abraxane
OR
Be a breast cancer patient who is currently being treated a with chemotherapy other than Abraxane

There are additional criteria required for participation. In order to see if you qualify, we invite you to take a brief pre-screening survey (approximately 9 questions) by clicking here (https://survey.nexcura.com/Survey.aspx?sg=092b9168-17b7-4325-a0ae-4bd83f455a05).

If the link doesn't work, please paste the following url into your browser:
https://survey.nexcura.com/Survey.aspx?sg=092b9168-17b7-4325-a0ae-4bd83f455a05

Any one of these questions may disqualify you from participation, but you may be asked all 9 questions before finding out if you qualify to participate in the phone interview. All of the data collected (if qualified) will be passed over to the market research group hosting the study. If you qualify, the market research group will contact you to schedule the interview.

This study is strictly for research purposes.

Participation in these research interviews is limited and there may be additional criteria needed to participate. If you wish to share this opportunity with others who may be eligible in your area, please forward this message to them.

Questions about this research?
You may contact us at:

Patient Information Services
NexCura, A Thomson Business
1725 Westlake Ave. N., Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98109

E-mail: interviews@education.nexcura.com (interviews@education.nexcura.com)
Phone: 1-877-422-3228

If you wish to review NexCura's Privacy Statement, visit:
http://www.nexcura.com/nexcura/Nexcura_Privacy.asp (http://www.nexcura.com/nexcura/Nexcura_Privacy.asp)

tousled1
10-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I believe that if you are early stage breast cancer you will not be eligible to participate.

Sandy H
10-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I filled out the questionaire for the one Maryann sent and I got a phone call today to scheduled an appointment for a 45 minute interview. I will let you all know how it goes. My appointment is Nov. 1st. hugs, Sandy

AlaskaAngel
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi MTS. I completed the same Medical Data Concepts questionnaire after "interrogating" the contact, who did a pretty darn good job of answering all my questions...

AlaskaAngel