PDA

View Full Version : Lost another sister!

Sandy H
10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
I just found out tonight my friend passed away from IBC. She fought the battle for two years. I met her through a support group and then we became best of friends. I had the pleasure of supporting her through her struggle with this disease. It was hard for me at times because the treatments did not work for her but worked great for me. What do you say to a person you are supporting except keep trying different ones. Her first grandchild was born shortly after she passed. She was the sweetest, most positive person I have ever met. I hope she is in a better place as she suffered so much for so long. Her Mom is 85 years old and it has left her very angry. Sandy

karenann
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sandy. You are both in my prayers.

Hugs,

Karen

Cathya
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Sandy;

I am so sorry for your loss. It is absolutely awful the wonderful people this dreadful disease takes...the families it leaves behind.....and so quickly....that is so scarey to me personally. Sandy, god bless. Take care and I will be praying for you and your friend.....and all of us....

Cathy

Bev
10-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry Sandy. BB

lisahammo
10-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Sandy

I am sorry to hear this disease has taken another beautiful soul. I find losing friends I make at the chemo ward one of the hardest parts of treatment. I do not cope with it very well at all.

Our chemo ward lost a beautiful young woman last week. She was in her 20's with 2 children under 5, and she really kept to herself. I had tried to engage her conversation a few times, but it was obvious she did not want to talk to anyone. My heart just went out to her. I was shattered to hear that she had passed away.

So, I share your pain, and wonder how we learn to deal with these losses.

Take care.

Love Lisa

lindaw
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Dear Sandy

Its so hard to loose people when we survive. i often think about this. What I do know is that your support would have been invaluable to your friend as it has been to us ( and me).Know that we are thinking of you.

love
lindaw

Lisa
10-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Sandy,

I'm sure your friend needed and appreciated your help. I'm so sorry her battle ended so soon.

Love and light,

Lisa

lexigirl
10-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Sandy,

I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend. This disease is so aggresive.

I bet you were a dear friend and such a comfort to her as she went through her txs. My prayers are with her family.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

rinaina
10-06-2006, 02:10 PM
So sorry for the loss of your friend. Knowing how you are, I am sure she found great comfort in your friendship and support. May she rest in peace.

chrisy
10-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Sandy,
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. There are just too few answers.
Much love
Chris

geraldine
10-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I am sorry for your sad loss. A friend is someone very special but I think your friendship was extra special because of your circumstances. Here is a poem I was given when my dear mum passed away on xmas day last year. I hope it helps you and your friends family.....It helped me ! It's called..

"YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"

To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say, but first of all to let you know that I arrived ok.I'm writing this from Heaven where I dwell with God above, Where there's no more tears or sadness, only eternal love..

Please, do not be unhappy, just because I'm out of sight. Remember that I'm with you, every morning, noon and night...

That day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and said I welcome you, Its good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone and as for your dearest family, they'll be here, later on. I need you here so badly, as part of my big plan. There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man..

Then God gave me a list of things, he wished for me to do and foremost on that list of mine, is to watch and care for you..So I will be beside you, every day, week and year and when you're sad, i'm standing there, to wipe away the tear and when you lie in bed at night, the days chores put to flight, God and I are closer to you, In the middle of the night..

When you think of my life on Earth and all those living years, because your only human, they are bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain, Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain..

I wish that I could tell you, of all that God has planned, but If I were to tell you, You wouldn't understand , but one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is over, I am closer to you now, than I ever was before..

And to my many friends, trust God knows what is best, I'm still not far away from you, I'm just beyond the crest. There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb, but together we can do it, taking one day at a time..

It was allways my philosophy and I would like it for you too, that as you give unto the world, so the world will give to you. If you can help somebody, who's in sorrow or in pain, then you can say to God at night, my day was not in vain..

And now I am contented, that my life, it was worthwhile, knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile. So if you meet somebody who is down and feeling low, just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go..

When you're walking down the street and you've got me on your mind, I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind. And when you feel that gentle breeze, or the wind upon your face, that's me giving you a great big hug or just a soft embrace..

And when it's time for you to go, from that body, to be free, remember you're not going, you're coming here to me. And I will allways love you, from that land way up above, will be in touch again soon....

P.S. God sends HIS LOVE x

Liz J.
10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Sandy,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

With Love,

Liz J.

sarah
10-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Dear Sandy,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure your friendship meant a lot to your friend.
Stay strong and healthy
hugs
sarah

rinaina
10-07-2006, 01:46 PM
What a lovely poem Geraldine...thanks for sharing it with all of us

MCS
10-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm so sorry for your and our loss, Sandy. Anyone lost to bc, it's our loss also.

I'm glad there was you for her.

MCS ( maria)

Vanessa
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I am sorry to hear of the loss of another sister. My prayers are with you.

tousled1
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear abut the loss of your friend. It's always hard when you loose someone especially when you both have been battling the same disease. There are no answers. You just have to have faith.

madubois63
10-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Sandy - I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially hard for me to read because of the IBC. I do know how you feel about the survivors guilt, but I am sure NO ONE would fault you for living!! It is hard to understand why some of us do better than others. I have been hit hard with the worst diagnosis/prognosis three times, but I am still here...yet my friend Holly lost her battle to BC last October with a "milder" diagnosis. There is no rhyme or reason to this stinking disease. Please do something fun the two of you may have talked about and never gotten around to doing and NEVER give up...
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´ -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

Sher
10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Sandy,

((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry for you loss of your wonderful friend. Hopefully all the wonderful good memories will help you through this. I lost a dear friend this year to leukemia who left behind a 6yr old son. It's an extremely tough to deal with.