PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone like me

ConnieIV
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi;

I'm stage 4 with met's to bones, liver, and lungs. All five of my lumbar vert. affected with a compression fracture in one and a rib fracture. My hip needed radiation as well as my spine and rib. Lesions in the thorax too. The liver is extensive and I was dx'ed 5/05. I have done 13 cycles[3wks on and 1 wk off] of Taxotere and I've taken Herceptin weekly since Aug '05. I also take 20mg of Tamoxifen and monthly IV's of zometa. This was my first dx with no history of cancer--had an MRI done because I had severe back pain and was told the news a day later[after MRI].

I'm doing very well and I was wondering if there was anyone with a similar dx or if you know of someone who might. I'm 49 and very active.

Thanks

Sheila
10-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Connie
You have come to the right place...there are many Stage IV women on this site...with mets here there and everywhere....I am sure you will find someone with a similar diagnosis so I am bumping this up again....I have mets to the lymph nodes so I am stage IV......Welcome...you will find others who have walked in your shoes here, and more love and support than you can believe!

Vanessa
10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I, too, am Stage IV. I had metastasis to the liver, chest wall and lining to the stomach. There is hope, I responded well to taxotere and herceptin and my follow-up scans were clean. I am very grateful for that and I wish you much success.

chrisy
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I was dx 9/04 with extensive liver mets, 2 years after a mastectomy for DCIS (stage 0). So almost as good as "no" history!

I chemoed with taxol/carboplatin/herceptin for 6 cycles (I think the nitty gritty is in my signature) and am also doing well. Or as I like to say "STILL ABOVE GROUND" (usually followed by "expletive expletive cancer")

Glad to hear you are doing well, with so much do deal with right out of the gate! That must have been one helluva shock.

As you will see, there are many out there "like you" - just keep livin your life!

Keep up the good work!
chris

lucky4x
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi there!

Yup 4 time survivor here. DX 2000, 2002, 2004, and finally in 2005 ( Aug) with mets to lungs. Herceptin and Navelbine for 4 months and then straight Hercpetin and all lesions are gone ( or at least not visible).

I have had "complete response" to Herceptin.
I hope that you do too! I am also 49.

Lucky